North American Airport Rankings

Fouremco

Here's an interesting CNN article on the 2024 North America Airport Satisfaction Study from J.D. Power, ranking of airports in North America:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/18/travel/airport-satisfaction-2024-north-america-jdpower/index.html?utm_term=1726696105023428352baa74e&utm_source=cnn_Evening+Newsletter+-+Wednesday%2C+September+18+2024&utm_medium=email&bt_ee=rjbgeXsRuw1sJUhKSoiwEHl%2FklwFsQjTlowazLyztNFWMCUR%2Fc0UIYnlV%2Fh1GzzM&bt_ts=1726696105025

Perhaps to no one's surprise, only one "mega" airport was rated lower than Pearson:

Least satisfying North American mega-airports

Bottom 5 scorers (in descending order) in the mega-airport category for 2024, on a 1,000-point scale:

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) - 575
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) - 574
O’Hare International Airport, Chicago (ORD) - 569
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) - 559
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) - 552

While the final report hasn't been published, this J.D. Power press release has additional information:

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2024-north-america-airport-satisfaction-study

I can't speak for the other airports but didn't think things were that bad. I thought Venice was worse then Toronto. That is not good news for YYZ hope something is done about it.

I used to dread going to Pearson, so big and always so busy.  However I took a position where I now travel pretty much every week for half of the year all out of Pearson.  Now that I know the airport it is easy to navigate.

Having said that at Pearson last month they had changed all the lines for Nexus, MPAC and regular US customs which allowed for people,  seeing how long regular customs, to try the MPAC or Nexus lines, which they could not use which just delayed things even more. It was a gong show.

And as a another poster stated FLL should have been way lower on the list, below Pearson for sure!

3 hours ago, truckswain said:

And as a another poster stated FLL should have been way lower on the list, below Pearson for sure!

I guess we all have varied experiences. Over the years, I've had no issues with FLL, but all sorts of problems with YYZ. 🤷‍♂️