20% off Shore Excursion again

canadarocks

1 hour ago, Aggie83 said:

Which excursion was more?

Ushuaia: Beagle Channel by Catamaran & Magellanic Penguin Rookery.  I paid $99.95.  This "sale" it is $104.95.  Not a huge difference, but .....

Of the other 2, 1 was $10.00 lower and the other $15.00 lower than I paid when I booked.  So I have saved $25.00, which is OK.

Checking the General shore excursions on the main page: 1 is listed same as the "sale", the other is $15.00 lower than the "sale" and I still paid higher at the "sale" price.  

These "sales" are just whacky.

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

Ushuaia: Beagle Channel by Catamaran & Magellanic Penguin Rookery.  I paid $99.95.  This "sale" it is $104.95.  Not a huge difference, but .....

Of the other 2, 1 was $10.00 lower and the other $15.00 lower than I paid when I booked.  So I have saved $25.00, which is OK.

Checking the General shore excursions on the main page: 1 is listed same as the "sale", the other is $15.00 lower than the "sale" and I still paid higher at the "sale" price.  

These "sales" are just whacky.

FYI, For the 12/18 sailing, the Beagle Channel is $84.85, which is 20% off the $104. I also signed up for it when it was $99.95. Then quite a while ago they increased it to the $104. I've rebooked to the sale price.

When I first checked on the sale prices, it was showing the non-sale price. It wasn't until I selected the excursion that I saw the sale price displayed. All the other excursions I signed up for are on sale at I lower price than I originally paid.

Edited by Aggie83
Clarity

For those of you rebooking excursions...is the website working for you?

I am really fighting with it. I can log in, but once I click on a cruise to go to the excursions, I get the "Technical Difficulties" message. This happens on multiple browsers and the app. For a short time, I got in going to Princess.com on my phone, but now that is also getting the message.

SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

19 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

For those of you rebooking excursions...is the website working for you?

I am really fighting with it. I can log in, but once I click on a cruise to go to the excursions, I get the "Technical Difficulties" message. This happens on multiple browsers and the app. For a short time, I got in going to Princess.com on my phone, but now that is also getting the message.

SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

I cannot use Chrome or I get the same error.  But, I can use incognito in Chrome or Safari without issues.

• Thanks 1

I have a cruise to the Caribbean in February 2025, and when I sign in (on my computer--the app is not working for me for excursions this week!), and got to this cruise and then to excursions, I get the 20% off notice.  As others have noticed, the pricing is weird looking (some allegedly more than 20% off).  It did cause me to look at the available excursions more carefully, but that just reminded me as to why I did not sign up for them earlier.

I also have a cruise to Hawaii in February 2026.  The few available excursions are not on sale, so it does appear that the sale is targeted to just some cruises/locations.

43 minutes ago, Aggie83 said:

FYI, For the 12/18 sailing, the Beagle Channel is $84.85, which is 20% off the $104.

Hmmmm, different prices for the different departure dates. UGH!   I am on the one prior, Dec 1st.  Maybe it has been less popular on the 18th departure.

35 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Hmmmm, different prices for the different departure dates. UGH!   I am on the one prior, Dec 1st.  Maybe it has been less popular on the 18th departure.

There is quite a bit of availability on that sailing. Airfare to/from Buenos Aries is high. Holiday time might be a reason.

2 hours ago, Amy G said:

I cannot use Chrome or I get the same error.  But, I can use incognito in Chrome or Safari without issues.

THANKS SOOOO MUCH!!!!

This worked and I finally got all my excursions rebooked at the sale prices.

Normally, we don't have a lot of them, but this one is South America and we had a lot of OBC to use. Total savings for me and DH combined was $225! ($30 here and there really adds up....)

I'm thinking now that these issues must be some kind of caching issue with Princess... 😵‍💫

I only have one excursion booked for my son and daughter-in-law on our 2/23/25 Sky cruise.  But it is a Mud buggy excursion in Ocho Rios and there is only one space left.  I'm afraid that if I cancel and rebook to save the $40 that I will lose their spaces.  So guess I better just leave it as is.  On another excursion that we are looking at but haven't booked, the price is the same as it was but the website is saying the original price was much more than it was.  The price they are quoting now is the same as it has been before.

7 hours ago, MLBFan24 said:

I'm looking at Mexican Riviera excursions and some of the original prices don't seem correct.

For example, a 4.5 hour, easy Puerto Vallarta city tour:

Original price = $184.95 per person

Sale price = $44.95 per person

Absolutely no way did the original price say $184.95 per person when I looked at excursions several weeks ago. A basic city tour is definitely not that original price.

FWIW on our Sep 24,2025, Mexican Riviera cruise, here's what's listed for the city tour.

image.png.4278802a9e8a18e5e33e3ddb8ed0dd2d.png

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

FWIW on our Sep 24,2025, Mexican Riviera cruise, here's what's listed for the city tour.

image.png.4278802a9e8a18e5e33e3ddb8ed0dd2d.png

One of the Princess excursion reviews says it wasn't worth the $45 (the review is a year old). Definitely some quirky stuff going on with the prices. I know inflation is bad, but not $45 to $130 bad haha

6 hours ago, jshli said:

I just cancelled a shore excursion that I paid for with my credit card and rebooked it immediately at the sale price. It did not let me use my credit card to rebook but only gave me the option to “use my credit” (I do not have any OBC.) Does this mean that the difference between the regular and sale price will be applied to the credit card that I used to make the original reservation?

Is it done this way because I rebooked immediately?

I cancelled and rebooked one of our shore excursions a couple of month ago.  Same situation.  The difference was refunded to our credit card within 2 or 3 days.

Regarding prices.  I've been keeping a spreadsheet cause I'm a bit of a nerd.  Prices for the excursions we've booked have been like a roller coaster...Up-down-up-down-up-down.  I would rebook unless there are just a few tickets left.  Then you have to decide if saving money is worth the chance that someone else will book between the time you cancel and rebook and you'll miss the excursion.

On 9/18/2024 at 10:06 PM, lx200gps said:

Interestingly, when I look at excursions for a few of our booked trips, for next year, some of them are far above 20%. One example is one down from $US190 to $US110

Depends on when you booked them. I have some early excursion bookings and they are still cheaper than the current 20% off price.