Alaska & Inside Passage May 13, 2024 – May 30, 2024 Trip Report

Dwlmgold

New to Viking and I have a question.

This statement from the trip report: Our PV1 cabin gave us two reservations at each of the two venues.

Does this mean that once you use those included reservations you can't book a 3rd or 4th?

Our first VO cruise is 15 days. Will be be allowed to book additional reservations?

23 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

New to Viking and I have a question.

This statement from the trip report: Our PV1 cabin gave us two reservations at each of the two venues.

Does this mean that once you use those included reservations you can't book a 3rd or 4th?

Our first VO cruise is 15 days. Will be be allowed to book additional reservations?

The limit is for advance reservations via MVJ. When onboard you can make additional reservations. Viking only puts about half of the available tables on MVJ. You can usually find plenty of tables when onboard, although maybe not at your preferred time. There are lots of threads about this already. There are typically cancellations as FOMO takes hold pre-cruise and everyone wants to use all their allotment of advanced reservations. When onboard they might cancel or simply not show due to a variety of reasons. This is especially true of the Chef’s Table where the menu rotation is unknown to you board.

Tip: When you board immediately go the the World Cafe host to book your reservations. Some people say to use the app but I’ve found that upon boarding sometimes it can’t handle the traffic and won’t update. Do it in person and try the app when waiting in line.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

56 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

The limit is for advance reservations via MVJ. When onboard you can make additional reservations. Viking only puts about half of the available tables on MVJ.

Thanks! I thought that was correct. The trip report made me doubt myself.

3 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

We have been thinking about booking this cruise. There are four different Viking extensions for Alaska. Which one were you on?

We did Pristine Alaska. At the time we booked, it was the only one that got us Denali.

• Thanks 1

On our Alaskan trip; in July, we were not able to book any additional dinners at Chef's Table or Manfredi's once onboard.  One evening, the CT had an opening at 830 - too late for us.  We put in our requests our 2nd day onboard.  It was really not a big deal as I think those 2 are over rated.  We enjoyed our meals in the Restaurant and World Cafe just as much.

• Like 1