Seabourn and HAL Convergence

stan01

Just received a HAL email announcing their "Best Deal Ever" for Americans:

- Included crew appreciation

- Included elite drinks package (15 drinks per day valued at up to $15 each)

- Included Wi-Fi

- Included up to 3 specialty restaurant visits depending upon duration of cruise

Sounds a lot like Seabourn at least on paper.  Let's get this assimilation over with and everyone can make their choices and get on with life.  🙂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, stan01 said:

Just received a HAL email announcing their "Best Deal Ever" for Americans:

- Included crew appreciation

- Included elite drinks package (15 drinks per day valued at up to $15 each)

- Included Wi-Fi

- Included up to 3 specialty restaurant visits depending upon duration of cruise

Sounds a lot like Seabourn at least on paper.  Let's get this assimilation over with and everyone can make their choices and get on with life.  🙂

Are your gratuities included?  And compare the stateroom size HAL vs. Seabourn.

I took my mom and sister on a HAL cruise earlier this year, best cabin and purchased the next to premium drink package (forget, but something like 15 drinks a day up to $11each drink).  The “drinks” include specialty coffees, and also water cans (no plastic bottles).  But never came close to the drink limit per day, but went over $11 limit per drink several times.  Ok, fine.  But what bothered me was that we were each given a “receipt” each drink, with a line for tip, even though I prepaid tips.  Well, anyway, the point is that those receipts were a buzz kill!  The cruise, albeit for three people, ended up costing nearly similar to SB.  (Oh yeah, I had to pay $$ for ordering extra app at specialty restaurant.)  I will just say that if there was any doubt in how much I love SB, there was no more doubt when I was back on SB a few months later. Been over 20 years and with its ups and downs, still love it. (Our last sailing on Venture this summer was as good as our first SB over 20 years ago.). And the friends we’ve met - that is truly the best!!!