Review: September 6th to 16th Carnival Miracle to Alaska

Stowaway LFC

Sea Day: Sunday September 8th

I was proactive last night and ordered coffee for 0700 this am.  0700 came and went with no coffee, then I realized that we didn’t set our clocks back an hour like we were supposed to.  Once the real 0700 appeared the coffee arrived and all was right with the world. Coffee delivered to your room with a smile!  I feel really spoiled!  Hubby has resigned himself that he will not have cell service until we are in port Monday.  He even went to the guest services and asked how much it would be for internet and when they told him, like 250 for the rest of the cruise he came right back to the room lol.

We went to Sea Day brunch because I finally remembered to! There wasn’t much of a wait at all. No pic of the hubby’s plate because he’s a pig lol. He did order one of those fancy juices though. I got a pic of half of it anyways. I ordered a skillet cake, bacon and potatoes. I was excited to try this skillet cake I had heard of. Potatoes came with tomato and onion which is ok and tasty, I just didn’t expect it. But the skillet cake was awesome!  

I have read many reviews about the bacon, how it’s there sometimes and on vacation other times.  Everyone loves bacon.  I get it.  Looking at my bacon this morning I thought it was familiar somehow. Then it hit me, we buy microwave thick bacon at Sam’s to keep at the house. I could swear this is the same bacon!  So, if you crave cruise ship bacon just hot foot it to Sam’s and buy you a pack.

After breakfast we went to The Wave show. I had never been to one so I was curious to see what it was about. It was really just a couple of guys shooting the breeze on camera. After that there was a show that turned out to be a massive marketing show for stuff you really don’t need like color changing sunglasses and t shirts that change colors when exposed to sun. We aren’t expecting a lot of sun this trip so I wasn’t in a hurry to go buy any. Then it was the diamond stores and Rolexes and designer bags stores.  We were planning to go to the next naturalist’s show but even after multiple coffees we were still dragging from jet lag and old bones in general so we came to the cabin to nap. Boat is rocking away even on low mid ship cabin.  We are slowly getting used to it by this point.

Ran to lunch on lido split a deli sandwich and salad trying for light since tonight is the first elegant night! The Deli really has pretty good sandwiches actually. After lunch we got our nicer clothes out of the closet and Hubby announced that instead of thinking I packed too much he has now decided I prob didn’t pack enough and we were sure to run out of clean clothes to wear and we would have to find a laundromat in port.  I let him ponder that thought for awhile because it was funny thinking about him hauling a big trash bag of clothes off the ship.

Eventually we set out stumbling down the narrow hallway with our arms full of clothes because I forgot to pack a bag to haul clothes around in and found the elusive laundry room. We ironed hubby’s clothes and washed all that we have used so far. Our timing was good as several other like-minded peeps came later. It cost 3.50 per wash and another 3.50 per dry.  For 2.00 you can get a tiny detergent or fabric softener, but I had brought some of those detergent sheets and dryer sheets with us.

Then we got gussied up and ready for elegant night in the MDR. All kinds of peeps tonight, some not dressed up at all and others decked to the 9’s. We were in the middle. How those ladies wore high heels on a rocking ship I don’t know. I prayed for nobody to break any bones or bust any noggins tonight. Dinner was awesome our waitress for the last two nights was from Russia and she was wonderful. After dinner we went to stake a place out for the 88 Keys show. We are learning to get there 30 minutes before they say to get there. I was excited to see our first real playlist production! There was a pre-show with the piano dude that does all the piano bar stuff. The show itself was really cool. The playlist staff is very talented. I would fall on my face! Evidently this is the last Alaska cruise for this season as the Miracle is going to move over to Hawaii cruises. So, all the staff is excited for a change in view.  

After the show we tried to go by Alchemy but it was packed with what looked to be the very same people as before. I think they just stay there all the time lol. I wondered if they even changed clothes? We went to Red Frog for a few drinks and to listen to Five for You, a five piece band from the Philippines playing 60’s 70”s hits that had all the people up and dancing. One lady had a little too much to drink and tried to dance on one of the tables. Staff was quick to help her down and give her water.

After that we hit the fabled late night pizza place to grab a slice. I think we ordered the wrong one because it seemed to be a large thin crust with a bit of sauce on it. Anyhow off to the cabin we went for some minimal tv, griping from the hubby about his lack of internet woes and then to sleep.  Juneau is tomorrow!

Pic 0.jpg

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

Pic 4.jpg

Pic 5.jpg

Pic 6.jpg

Pic 7.jpg

Pic 8.jpg

Pic 9.jpg

Pic 10.jpg

Pic 11.png