My Debarkation Invoice – In case it’s of interest

HenGypsy

Here is a view of the final invoice from our Breakaway Canada/New England cruise out of NYC on 9/1/24. I am sharing it simply as a point of interest, for those of you who (like me) appreciate details in advance. Everyone cruises differently – to each their own – your invoice surely will look very different. Our credit card was automatically charged at the end of the cruise.

We checked our account daily on the app after hearing that others have found incorrect charges. We had no issues with our account, except having to ASK for our shore excursion credit to be applied and ASK to receive our 10% shorex discount as Latitude Gold members. For us, those things did not happen automatically. I plan to post some observations about our cruise separately. Happy sailing, everyone!

IMG_4471.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, when booking excursions onboard you may have to ask for your latitudes discount, although I think it might be automatic now on some of the newer ships. It's actually spelled out in the terms. The $50 credit is automatically applied after the excursion.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HenGypsy said:

For us the $50 credit was not applied until we asked for it 2 days after the excursion. True, it wasn't a problem to get the credit+discount once we asked.

Were these excursions booked onboard or online before the cruise?

1 hour ago, CruisnDeb said:

Were these excursions booked onboard or online before the cruise?

We booked the excursion onboard. Although this excursion was initially sold out, we checked back and some spots opened up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have to ask for excursion discount to be applied. To beat the queues and if the desk is closed, get a GM letter slip and just write room number and discount to be applied and drop it in the shore excursion post box when the desk is closed. Works a treat and involves no queueing. 

• Like 3

Whenever we have booked an excursion online prior to the cruise they have always deducted the $50 credit and applied our Sapphire discount. When booked onboard I always work out the price before I book and when booking I always mention the discounts we are entitled too. I then always check my account on the app to make sure it went through correctly.

• Like 1

I’m currently on Viva. Latitude discount doesn’t automatically apply to the tour booked on board. You have to ask for it. $50 shore excursion credit will be applied after the tour. 

But if you book online before the cruise, Latitude discount and $50 credit are applied automatically at the time of booking. 

• Like 1