Cruise planner doesn't show upgrade to premium beverage option

catspaw1

Hi all, I have been watching for a flash sale on our upcoming November cruise to upgrade to the premium beverage package. But today the app & cruise planner don't show this option. It doe say we have the always included option.  Is this just an IT glitch,? I do have a TA but hate to call celebrity as I will be on an endless hold. Advice? Do I just wait for them to correct it?

In order for the upgrade option to show the initial beverage packages must be shown under Oder History in your Cruise Planner.  Sometimes when booking a AI rate your Booking a confirmation show the package but 

it hasn’t yet been added to the CP.  Sometimes takes days, sometimes a long time.  

The easiest way to get this added is to call you TA if booked through one and have get it added.  If you booked direct then call Celebrity and tell them you are considering upgrading and the option isn’t showing yet, they can fix.  

It's been showing in my cruise planner as always included. I booked at final payment & every day it's been showing the option to upgrade to premium package & the price. Today it's not showing that option. 

I just called Celebrity & they admitted to having IT issues today. Couldn't give me a price for the flash sales & told me the problem should be resolved within 24 hours & to keep checking the site. Not want you would expect for a supposedly higher end cruise line! I understand they routinely have systems issues.

39 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

It's been showing in my cruise planner as always included. I booked at final payment & every day it's been showing the option to upgrade to premium package & the price. Today it's not showing that option. 

Since it was there and disappeared apparently a IT glitch.  Guess it time to call.

27 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:. Not want you would expect for a supposedly higher end cruise line! I understand they routinely have systems issues.

IT issues with Celebrity are not uncommon.  Shoreside and on board experiences are totally different.  Fortunately the on board experience is great. 

I always print out the list of what I’ve purchased in the cruise planner … upgraded WiFi, upgraded rink package, excursions, specialty dining, etc.  Even though I’ve never needed my print out, I’ve heard enough anecdotal reports to have it just in case. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had the same issue. On my cruise planner it always shows the update to premium from classic option but today it wasn't there. I've been checking regularly for a deal but even with the flash sale it's always been 13.99 per person. So I thought I'd just call in to Celebrity and see if it was just an IT glitch. When I got to customer service he told me that he saw the option and if I wanted to purchase it. I asked how much it was per day. He could only give me the total price for 2. It was significantly lower than the rate I've been seeing on the planner to date. When I worked it out going backwards it came to 9.99 per person per day. He said it was a flash sale and it would be gone later today. So I jumped on and purchased it for the deal. The lowest I've seen on the boards has been 8.99 per day to upgrade so I thought I should go for it. I would call back Celebrity and see if that deal applies to you. I also have an upcoming November cruise as well. So this seemed to have worked out.

• Like 1

Thanks Barcay, I called Celebrity again today & now they have reported it to IT & gave me a ticket number. Why they didn't do this yesterday is something I don't understand. I asked her the upgrade price to premium  & it was only 5% off so not great. I would get 10% off with my captains club discount so I'll wait. Anyone know what the last day prior to cruise is the cutoff date to purchase upgrades prior to the Cruise? 

I looked at the cruise planner this morning for two upcoming cruises, and both had two "Drinks" sections in the categories drop-down menu (on iPad). One of them had the full drink packages, and the other had the upgrades (at normal "pre-cruise" pricing, not "flash-sale" pricing).

I have been having the same problem - my understanding is the cut off time for booking on cruise planner is 48 hours before sailing. And form that point you can do it online.

I raised the issue with celebrity on Facebook messenger today as well (couldn’t bear the phone wait).

I checked the app & cruise planner this morning & it still doesn't show a price to upgrade from the classic to premium package. This is the third day it still hadn't been corrected. I called Celebrity  & they said it's been expedited according to sailing date. They weren't able to give me a price now for moving up. They also gave me wrong information that I didn't get 10% off with a captains club discount. 

The upgrade price is still missing from my phone app but I find when I go into my cruise planner and click on 'plan my cruise', and then click on 'my celebrity cruise' at the top of the page, it then brings up a list with drinks listed twice. If you click on the bottom 'drinks' it comes up with the upgrade price. Hope you follow ok and it works for you. 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Strongbox said:

The upgrade price is still missing from my phone app but I find when I go into my cruise planner and click on 'plan my cruise', and then click on 'my celebrity cruise' at the top of the page, it then brings up a list with drinks listed twice. If you click on the bottom 'drinks' it comes up with the upgrade price. Hope you follow ok and it works for you. 

I found it... interestingly the upgrade is listed twice.  Unfortunately the price is still the $13.99... I was hoping for a sale price.

image.thumb.png.7de2562a345007c5c5df84e9b5c7a51e.png

• Like 1

I just checked again today & it's still not showing. Yesterday a celebrity employee told me wrong information about using my captains club discount also. Celebrity said it could take 5 days to fix the problem! Meantime, I can't see if there's any good flash sales for anything. Any suggestions?

I also can't see the upgrade. Post 17 didn't yield any results for me and I suspect it's because I've already purchased the upgrade. In my case, if I go to the cruise planner, click my initials in the top right, select order history, find the order where I upgraded (thankfully the most recent one for now so it's easy to locate), then click the upgrade from the order history, it brings me to the page with the current price. It's a lot of annoying extra clicks, but at least I can continue my daily price stalking until they fix the problem.

On 9/24/2024 at 12:42 PM, Mauidiver said:

I always print out the list of what I’ve purchased in the cruise planner … upgraded WiFi, upgraded rink package, excursions, specialty dining, etc.  Even though I’ve never needed my print out, I’ve heard enough anecdotal reports to have it just in case. 😉

I actually have had an issue with the bottles of wine purchased pre-cruise showing as a single bottle from their end on board. I just showed the confirmation email to Guest Services.