Debarking Honolulu but flight isn't till 5pm. What to do?

fstuff1

Solo male, 1 carry-on + 1 backpack.

Ship's excursion to pearl harbor then airport drop off is sold out.

I read that bags arent allowed in pearl harbor so i can't go myself.

Suggestions on what to do till 3pm?

Thx

Check the FAQ's on the Pearl Harbor NPS website.  There is a section "Bag Policy and Information".  Bags can be stored at the Pacific FleetSubmarine Museum near the entrance to the visitor center.  There is a fee. 

If you want a beach day I would head to Waikiki and check my bags with a bellman at one of the hotels.  Cherie

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Solo male, 1 carry-on + 1 backpack. Ship's excursion to pearl harbor then airport drop off is sold out. I read that bags arent allowed in pearl harbor so i can't go myself. Suggestions on what to do till 3pm?

If you have status with Hyatt, Hilton or Marriott, I'd head into Waikiki, ask the bell desk to hold your luggage, then have lunch there, walk around Waikiki, maybe some beach time then reclaim the bags, tip the bellman well and head to the airport.

• Like 1

@fstuff1  You don't need status with a hotel chain to check your bags with the bell desk and have them call a taxi for you when you're ready.   Or get your bags if you have an Uber coming.  We did it last December.  If you decide to go to Pearl Harbor I would do the pre-arranged Uber ride to make sure all is in order.  It's a short ride from Pearl Harbor to the airport.  And, make sure you get your ticket to the Arizona Memorial on the nps.gov site when they become available for your date.

And, if you decide on a beach day you can reserve a beach chair and umbrella set up for @$95 at several beach services operations.  Then you arrive at the beach, claim your chair and umbrella, enjoy lunch and then head to the airport.    Cherie.   

It's not just suitcases. Pearl doesn't allow much more than a see-through neck bag barely big enough to hold a cell phone and wallet. If you can get your bag stored somewhere I'd recommend the Iolani Palace downtown. It's the restored Royal palace of the Hawaiian Kings and Queens from before the annexation. Like Pearl, it needs a timed ticket. Honolulu isn't that big, so getting from downtown or Waikiki to the airport isn't that big a trip, even with rush hour traffic on H-1..

On 9/27/2024 at 10:53 PM, EtaC said:

It's not just suitcases. Pearl doesn't allow much more than a see-through neck bag barely big enough to hold a cell phone and wallet.

Pearl Harbor has luggage storage for all sizes luggage, for a fee.

https://www.nps.gov/perl/planyourvisit/safety.htm

Here is the relevant information from the link above: "The Pacific Fleet Submarine Museum operates a baggage storage facility near the visitor center entrance, with a fee for all sizes, including luggage. This storage can be used for visits to all Pearl Harbor Historic Sites."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2024 at 3:36 PM, fstuff1 said:

Solo male, 1 carry-on + 1 backpack.

Ship's excursion to pearl harbor then airport drop off is sold out.

I read that bags arent allowed in pearl harbor so i can't go myself.

Suggestions on what to do till 3pm?

Thx

We used Robert's tours and they kept the bags on the bus. They took bus to the ship that time but sister used them for her tour then airport drop off. It has been a few years but worth looking at if you wanted to go to Pearl.

10 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

We used Robert's tours and they kept the bags on the bus. They took bus to the ship that time but sister used them for her tour then airport drop off. It has been a few years but worth looking at if you wanted to go to Pearl.

Thx.

I decided to take the bus from pier to Ala Moana mall.

I could not find the luggage locker on the 2nd floor. :(

Luckily my luggage is a spinner so not much of a problem.

Spent 3hrs here including a great seated massage. Nice and hard on my neck area!

30min for $40 + tax.

Wished I found that locker. Would have liked to walked to Walmart a couple blocks away for cheap Hawaiian souvenirs 

• Like 1