Deck Chairs Q

If you don't need to be directly poolside, I find the most chairs on available on the deck above the pool over looking the pool area. I actually like this location better than poolside, unless it is extremely windy out. You get a nice breeze on the upper deck where I find it can get almost stiffling hot at pool level.

If you don't need to be directly poolside, I find the most chairs on available on the deck above the pool over looking the pool area. I actually like this location better than poolside, unless it is extremely windy out. You get a nice breeze on the upper deck where I find it can get almost stiffling hot at pool level.

Thanks! I'll pass the info along. I remember reading a post a while back recommending the aft area behind the spa and fitness center. Is this what's shown as the Sports Deck?

There wouldn't be such a problem if people didn't plop their stuff down at sunrise and then leave until 11:00 or 12:00! I also think the cruise line could do a better job of supplying more chairs and policing the ones they have! JMHO!

:rolleyes: Ah, I was just on Legend 3/11 and the deck chair issue was a huge issue on my cruise. So many saved chairs, so few bodies in them at any time.

I found a deck chair on sea days on the area at back of ship directly below rock wall and behind fitness center. Go down stairs by rock wall to get here. Cushy chairs and most of the time there were a couple unoccupied. They dont save them here!!!!

We actually NEVER found a chair on the pool deck or above deck on sea days. They are all taken so fast! I doubt it will be different on your cruise, just to be candid. The pool staff just didnt seem to care. They sure do care about selling you drinks at the pool area and on decks though...no shortage of those people around!!!!! :rolleyes:

Take my advice on the cushy chairs....the area is better than pool anyway. PEACE AND QUIET.

Thanks! I'll pass the info along. I remember reading a post a while back recommending the aft area behind the spa and fitness center. Is this what's shown as the Sports Deck?

Yes, that's a great area to sit, if you want quiet. You won't hear the music back there or the pool games, but great area for reading and sunning.

The only "sports" on the so called "sports deck" are rock wall and mini golf with a very bumpy surface and too windy every day to play. That was a let down big time with Legend compared to Navigator...we were told it at least had a half court Basketball by Customer Service... who was useless yet again!

Finding a deck chair is easy. Just take the towel that is on the chair and toss it in the used towel hamper. I once saw "Manny" from New Jersey reserve 15 pool-side chairs at 8:00 AM by putting towels on them before he went to breakfast. I removed his towels. It was fun. The staff will do nothing about chair saving. Take it into your own hands and have fun!

:)

Fair Princess 1994

Regal Princess 1995

Crown Princess 1995

Song of America 1997

Sun Princess 1997

Song of America 1998

Crown Princess 1998

Sea Princess 1999

Rhapsody of the Seas 1999

Ocean Princess 2000

Sea Princess 2000

Rhapsody of the Seas 2001

Radiance of the Seas 2001

Mercury 2001

Sea Princess 2002

Radiance of the Seas 2002

Splendor of the Seas 2003

Mercury 2004

Serenade of the Seas 2005

Grand Princess 2006

Hey! I do that too! This is not just a cruise ship problem, but a resort hotel problem, as well. And what really gets me, are the families whose kids NEVER leave the pool to lie in a chair, yet the chair must be held for them at all costs! (Happens at our community pool all the time--drives me nuts!)

Best place to find a chair is my balcony!

Hey Giorgi-one, the people needing chairs are my brother and my nephew who have an inside room. My hubby and I have a balcony but no way are we loaning it to them. Could you give me your cabin # and I'll send them over? LOL! :D

Archived