Queen Anne 11th to 15th Oct 2024 Cruise - Indoor Pool Closed!

GSPG

No loss as far as I am concerned - the pool is badly designed all round - too shallow, deep claustrophobic dark sides and tiles and not worth getting wet for - need to suck it up and brave the elements for the panorama pool.

3 hours ago, cmvikinger said:

Til the end of your cruise, one might wager...

15th is the end of that particular cruise and I suppose closed for a 4 nighter with only one sea day is preferable to a longer cruise, but obviously not to passengers concerned.

If the 'repairs' [pretty poor really] aren't finished, not many [UK] schools will have a two week half term so not so many children onboard wanting to use the pool on the follow on cruise.

I'm also joining on the 11th October. I emailed customer services about it and their response was lacking substance. Basically said they would pass on my comments to the relevant departments. I booked this cruise on 8th September so they would have known there were issues with the pool at that time and they should be advising customers at the time of booking. Pretty poor show from Cunard. You would think that given it's a new ship, they would have programmed in a period of maintenance after a couple of months service to address any issues.

1 minute ago, RLJ74 said:

I'm also joining on the 11th October. I emailed customer services about it and their response was lacking substance. Basically said they would pass on my comments to the relevant departments. I booked this cruise on 8th September so they would have known there were issues with the pool at that time and they should be advising customers at the time of booking. Pretty poor show from Cunard. You would think that given it's a new ship, they would have programmed in a period of maintenance after a couple of months service to address any issues.

Pool has been open entire cruise since 22/9. It is not a problem

that requires taking ship out of service if that is what u mean.

2 minutes ago, sogne said:

Pool has been open entire cruise since 22/9. It is not a problem

that requires taking ship out of service if that is what u mean.

but its OK to close it for the whole duration of my cruise?

20 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Is this the Pavilion pool? There's obviously an ongoing problem as it was closed for a few days on our sailing last month.

It was closed last month!

It's an inconvenience for those onboard for this cruise, but as @Victoria2 highlighted it is probably preferable for them to do that for a shorter cruise, rather than the twelve night cruise that follows this.

I don't think anyone is suggesting it's "ok" to close it for the duration of yours or anyone else's cruise, but it's not a personal thing, it's maintenance. It's frustrating, but that's not going to change the fact it will be undergoing maintenance. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DukeBeetle24 said:

It's an inconvenience for those onboard for this cruise, but as @Victoria2 highlighted it is probably preferable for them to do that for a shorter cruise, rather than the twelve night cruise that follows this.

I don't think anyone is suggesting it's "ok" to close it for the duration of yours or anyone else's cruise, but it's not a personal thing, it's maintenance. It's frustrating, but that's not going to change the fact it will be undergoing maintenance. 

I agree, its not going to change the fact that maintenance is on going but I didn't like Cunards' attitude around the situation, basically "suck it up". We haven't been on a cruise before and this was an ideal duration to see if we would like it. It's now tarnished the trip not being able to use the indoor pool, they could at least offer some sort of consolation...maybe a bottle of bubbly or some flowers in the room??? but nothing. Also, the customer service representative clearly hadn't read my email as their response didn't reflect my complaint.

1 minute ago, RLJ74 said:

I agree, its not going to change the fact that maintenance is on going but I didn't like Cunards' attitude around the situation, basically "suck it up". We haven't been on a cruise before and this was an ideal duration to see if we would like it. It's now tarnished the trip not being able to use the indoor pool, they could at least offer some sort of consolation...maybe a bottle of bubbly or some flowers in the room??? but nothing. Also, the customer service representative clearly hadn't read my email as their response didn't reflect my complaint.

I can empathise, I too would be similarly disappointed - it is our first go on Cunard too and we board the cruise just after this one (which I'm expecting there will be carry over of maintenance work).

Which methods did you try contacting Cunard? I have found email very "matter of fact", however I have had much more pleasant and helpful interactions through Facebook Messenger. Even when the teams couldn't provide an update or answer to the query they apologised and were very pleasant to deal with. Perhaps message them on there. 

I am not sure whether you'd receive something for what is essentially maintenance, but you could speak to the pursers desk once on board. I believe the outdoor pool at the aft is heated. 

I hope you can enjoy your cruise, and the rest of the experiences on board - she looks like a lovely ship.

2 minutes ago, RLJ74 said:

I would, like you be very disappointed to discover this prior to the cruise, especially as the ship is just a few months old.

Given it's been out of service several times, one would've thought it would be given high priority.

With regards to customer service, forget trying to get answer from head office, take it up once onboard, explain your disappointment and they may be more understanding.

• Like 1

I'm maybe coming across like a bit of a moaner...i'm not. I expected a company of Cunards' standing to provide a better response explaining what the issue is with the pool. I'm just disappointed, had we been on a longer cruise and it was closed for a few days it wouldn't have been such an issue. 

Anyway, we are looking forward to getting onboard at the end of next week and I might even brave the cold weather and use the outdoor pool (more likely to pay to use the spa though)

Just now, RLJ74 said:

I'm maybe coming across like a bit of a moaner...i'm not. I expected a company of Cunards' standing to provide a better response explaining what the issue is with the pool. I'm just disappointed, had we been on a longer cruise and it was closed for a few days it wouldn't have been such an issue. 

Anyway, we are looking forward to getting onboard at the end of next week and I might even brave the cold weather and use the outdoor pool (more likely to pay to use the spa though)

Not at all, you've paid for a cruise and you expect to be able to use the facilities - it's natural. I would either try contacting Cunard on Facebook, or once onboard (as suggested by a few). I think they will likely have an expectation of this for those onboard. Heck, try both.

Head to the spa on day of embarkation and see if they have any deals / offers and mention how disappointed you are about the pool being closed. They might be able to do a special offer (seen a few of these mentioned by YouTubers)

• Like 1