Any tips for getting an earlier boarding time.

Cruise Craig

I'm 109 long days until my voyage and I want to do everything I can to make my first Virgin Cruise enjoyable. 

At the moment I have a 3pm departure time. I managed to get this down from my original time of 3:15pm . I have been checking on the App twice a day since I booked hoping for earilyer opening with this limited success. 

Do you have any tips on timing when they release earilyer times or is this completely random luck? I am aware of splash of romance for earily boarding and status match is not applicable to me. I would rather work the system as best as I can then having to pay for a perk.

Thanks for your input and all the great content on the board

Edited by Cruise Craig

Keep looking and you may shave a few slots off that. Important....don't worry. Before I had DBE I always used to get a boarding time of around 3PM and everything was fine. Just arrive earlier and hang out. Frequently passengers are allowed to board earlier than their reserved time when things are going smoothly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was assigned a 3:30 time and arrived about 2:30, was waved right through".  There was a line of people against the wall.  I asked why, and was told they had a later time.  EM