Parking near pier 92 at San Pedro?

riffatsea

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

This is the first time we'll be parking at the pier

It looks very confusing to get there

Any simple directions from the 110 or?????

We've done it many times, from Long Beach, Torrance or LAX.  110 South, exit for route 47, the sign will say "Vincent Thomas Bridge - Terminal Island - Long Beach". Once off the 110 it's well less than a mile to the exit for Harbor Blvd. Once you arrive at Harbor Blvd you will be staring your ship in the face. Turn right on Harbor and it's a few hundred yards to the left turn into the parking lot. You can get an accurate route, as always, from Google Maps and Street View. It's a very easy drive.  Have a great cruise.

It is super simple. The off ramp drops you right at the parking lot. You get to a stop light at Harbor Blvd. You will see the ship in front of you, cross Harbor and you loop around in front of the USS Iowa. I (we) always drop luggage and person at the curb where the porters are, then I loop around again to park.

You CAN turn right on Harbor and then turn left on the looping road, but I always cross Harbor rather than having to make the left turn.

PS it is 100 Swinford Street, San Pedro, just in case you use GPS or Google Maps.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/hUrQXtRM6uEbLudh8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

It is super simple. The off ramp drops you right at the parking lot. You get to a stop light at Harbor Blvd. You will see the ship in front of you, cross Harbor and you loop around in front of the USS Iowa. I (we) always drop luggage and person at the curb where the porters are, then I loop around again to park.

You CAN turn right on Harbor and then turn left on the looping road, but I always cross Harbor rather than having to make the left turn.

PS it is 100 Swinford Street, San Pedro, just in case you use GPS or Google Maps.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/hUrQXtRM6uEbLudh8

Seems pretty obvious from the satellite view, but apparently few taxi or Uber drivers know this. Every time we've ever driven into the port, they have always turned  right onto Harbor then turned left across traffic to enter the anti-clockwise ring road at the south end of the parking lot at W 1st St.  I never could figure that one out, entering at Swinford, as you say, would be much easier

• Like 1