If you use the gym on the Equinox can you use the steam room, sauna & showers?

Flygirl1999

There is a sauna and large showers inside the locker/dressing room in both the women's and men's areas at the gym. Don't know about steam room.  And you don't have to use the gum to access these. Sometimes people use the showers instead of their cabin showers.

1 hour ago, Flygirl1999 said:

Thanks everyone,

if you use the gym on Celebrity equinox can you use the steam room sauna and showers?

Or do you have to buy a pass to Persian Gardens?  

You can use the fitness center/spa showers. This is fleetwide at no charge. 

3 hours ago, doghog said:

You can use the fitness center/spa showers. This is fleetwide at no charge. 

I think that is true of S class ships. On the Apex (E class) in July 2024 we did the Spa tour on day-1 and they said that the only showers near the Gym are part of the Persian suite and only available to its users.

9 minutes ago, Chanbre said:

I think that is true of S class ships. On the Apex (E class) in July 2024 we did the Spa tour on day-1 and they said that the only showers near the Gym are part of the Persian suite and only available to its users.

That's what the spa people want you to believe. Just off the Edge (September) and took two of my three daily showers in the spa change room. Walked by the desk/waiting area each time and nothing was said except, hello. 

Second afternoon of our 18 March 2023 Apex cruise I walked in to the spa entrance where the desk is in the waiting area and I was walking down the hallway to the men’s shower/change room  and just before entering I heard a female voice, “sir, where are you going”? I replied to take a shower.” I entered the change room. She opened the door behind me (crossed the line there) and said, “you need to leave”. I got undressed and took my shower. That same evening when we returned to our stateroom for the night there was a mid-cruise comment card. So I filled it out describing my rude spa employee encounter. I turned the comment card in at GS after breakfast the next morning. Within 30 minutes of returning to our room the phone rang. It was GS and asked if I’d be willing to speak with the Spa Manager. I said yes and GS connected me to the Spa Manager. The Spa Manager wanted more details of my experience if any and a description of the employee. I gave her both requests. She then assured me the change rooms are for all Apex guests to use and not just spa guests.  

I used the change/shower room twice a day (7:30 AM and 3:30 PM) and I was the only one in there at those times. She also told me she would brief her staff accordingly. She also offered me free spa time but I declined. Not a spa person. Then we got off the ship for the day. When we returned to our room there was a message on our phone from the HD following up and he echoed what the spa manager told me and to call him if need to. I didn’t as the issue was resolved politely and quickly. We also had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a note signed by the HD and spa manger in our stateroom. I plan on using the spa shower/change room on our September Edge cruise. The spa contractor and their employees don’t maintain the shower/change rooms. All cleaning, restocking of towels, lotion, shower caps, soap, shampoo, conditioner and even putting robes in each locker is done by a Celebrity employee. 

1 minute ago, Chanbre said:

Thanks @doghog, very interesting. I believed the Spa person. Perhaps I should not have asked and instead should have just used those showers.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 😉 I also shower in the fitness center/spa change rooms on the M&S class ships.