Hurricane Milton

Anyone cruising next week? TS Milton might be Cat 2 hurricane when it makes landfall in Florida. Expected Wednesday with 110 mph winds.  I'm scheduled to ge on Celebrity Reflection leaving Monday and returning Friday. 

Anyone get any email from cruise lines regarding itinerary changes or shortening/lengthening cruises?

Thanks all!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CRUISER2B said:

Anyone cruising next week? TS Milton might be Cat 2 hurricane when it makes landfall in Florida. Expected Wednesday with 110 mph winds.  I'm scheduled to ge on Celebrity Reflection leaving Monday and returning Friday. 

Anyone get any email from cruise lines regarding itinerary changes or shortening/lengthening cruises?

Thanks all!

I go cruising on Sunday the 13th, on the other side of North America.  So, Milton won't affect my cruise.

I'm sure all the cruise lines are monitoring this system, but I don't expect any itinerary modifications to be announced before Monday morning.

Where is the Reflection leaving from?  Tampa and Port Canaveral look to be in the center of the current cone of uncertainty.  Miami and Port Everglades are on the far edge of the cone.

Be ready for anything.  Good luck.  I wouldn't want to be in your position. 😦

Edited by Honolulu Blue
  • Thanks 1

I leave on seashore on Thursday. My friend was in seashore last week and she got an extra day after the hurricane. I think I might lose a day on mine 😞 will depend on them closing the port if everything is back to business Thursday we should be fine. Those leaving tomorrow might get an extra day please pack for extra days. 

• Thanks 1

We are scheduled to depart Fort Lauderdale on the Reflection Monday as well.

Have not received anything from the cruise line as of yet.

We live in Orlando and have been watching the track and intensity.

They are reporting Milton could hit as a CAT 4.  The cone is huge and as one of my friends said, “this one is gonna hurt”.

If we get out on Monday as scheduled, it should be ok, but if the storm shifts South, it could be an issue.

As with all hurricanes, it’s wait and see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oregondreamhome said:

We are scheduled to depart Fort Lauderdale on the Reflection Monday as well.

Have not received anything from the cruise line as of yet.

We live in Orlando and have been watching the track and intensity.

They are reporting Milton could hit as a CAT 4.  The cone is huge and as one of my friends said, “this one is gonna hurt”.

If we get out on Monday as scheduled, it should be ok, but if the storm shifts South, it could be an issue.

As with all hurricanes, it’s wait and see.

I'm from PSL on the Treasure Coast.  My sister is in Oviedo.  Like you, I'll be watching close. 

We are sailing the Reflection Monday, driving down to Ft. Lauderdale from The Villages. Don't think we'll be needing sunscreen!

• Haha 2

any cruises out of Tampa this week will be affected probably starting tomorrow with RCL's Grandeur. Tampa then has the Islander scheduled to leave Tuesday, no ships on Wednesday, and then CCL's Paradise on Thursday.

5 minutes ago, CRUISER2B said:

Just got this from Celebrity for the Reflection leaving Port Everglades 10/7:

Screenshot_20241006_102113_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Thanks for sharing.  I'm glad you got your answer in a timely fashion.  I'm a little surprised by its speed but pleased.  These cruise lines are really on the ball. 👍

• Thanks 1

We are leaving Friday with MSC, and my question is, how can they possibly safely leave from any port if all the major ports in Florida are affected? It's not like they can just alter around it in this case, right? Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm also hoping for a timely decision. I don't mind at all if it gets canceled, but I would like time to book another trip since we've already asked for time off and paid for a pet sitter. 

Posted (edited)

I'm on the Thursday 10/10 sailing of the Carnival Paradise leaving from Tampa. I just received a text alert and email that they are monitoring the storm.  The email stated please do not proceed to the cruise port until you receive confirmation on when your cruise will operate.

Edited by Savannahgirl17
  • Thanks 1

We're on the MSC Seashore right now, leaving Port Canaveral at 5 pm with no communication yet as to what may happen on this sailing

• Thanks 2

Most likely will happen the same as Helene. Your cruise will leave but might not be allowed to come back to port on Thursday. Last weekend MSC cruise got an extra day I had a friend in that cruise.  I’m really hoping that’s not the case because I’m supposed to be leaving on Thursday. 

2 hours ago, Nestsimar said:

I’m really hoping that’s not the case because I’m supposed to be leaving on Thursday. 

I'm on the Seashore planned for a Thursday departure as well.  Hoping this storm either dissipates or goes south between the Keys and Cuba (much more for all of the residents than me).  Ready to be flexible for whatever comes up this week.  I agree we are unlikely to depart on Thursday as things stand today.

We are scheduled to depart Fort Lauderdale on Thursday 10 October on Viking Neptune . We were driving down the coast from Charleston but now fly to MIami tomorrow 6 Oct instead as I think best to get to Florida ASAP. What does everyone think will happen - will the ship be delayed etc? Should we plan on staying in FLL the night before to be safe and has there ever been flooding in between Miami and FLL in these situations? Sorry our travel plans are in disarray and now I am panicking - we dont have hurricanes in Oz so dont know what to expect! Thanks for your help

@mcmomny We were suppose to leave with you and decided last minute not to board. I knew we were going to be ok but was concerned with the weather and rockiness of the boat and nausea (I have a 5 year old son). Just wondering how the ocean has been? I know there was some rain and storms going down. I called 3x times to MSC yesterday and they told no changes to plans and I was really, how are you suppose to dock on Thursday when Hurricane will still be passing?? The lack of communication from MSC really put me off especially since Royal, Virgin and Carnival had all emailed passengers with changes or at the very least communicative about the situation. 

2 hours ago, Meli1234 said:

@mcmomny We were suppose to leave with you and decided last minute not to board. I knew we were going to be ok but was concerned with the weather and rockiness of the boat and nausea (I have a 5 year old son). Just wondering how the ocean has been? I know there was some rain and storms going down. I called 3x times to MSC yesterday and they told no changes to plans and I was really, how are you suppose to dock on Thursday when Hurricane will still be passing?? The lack of communication from MSC really put me off especially since Royal, Virgin and Carnival had all emailed passengers with changes or at the very least communicative about the situation. 

I'm sailing Allure on Royal out of Miami on Friday. There's been zero communication. I live in Tampa and am in the process of boarding up prepping for the storm. I know the storm should be gone by Friday but there's no telling what kind of damage there will be in Florida. 

Based on this morning update on the hurricane, you may still be able to board later in the day Friday (if not Saturday) from Port of Miami. We are not in the cone. BUT, I feel like there should be a reform from cruise industry to allow cancel or reschedule at no extra change when your embarkation or disembarkation is in cone of uncertainty like they do with flights.. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, erinh224 said:

I'm sailing Allure on Royal out of Miami on Friday. There's been zero communication. I live in Tampa and am in the process of boarding up prepping for the storm. I know the storm should be gone by Friday but there's no telling what kind of damage there will be in Florida. 

I agree with Meli1234 that Miami should be far enough south and across the peninsula, so it shouldn't get hit too badly. I think your biggest issue regarding your cruise is likely going to be getting from the Tampa to Miami, unless you leave before the storm hits.

• Like 2

While I can't speak specifically for your sailing, I know those on board MSC Meraviglia now (October 6 departure) are skipping Port Canaveral (extra sea day) and Ocean Cay (Miami instead).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1