Bayonne port in New Jersey

John Cruise

Probably the same way that thousands of other cruisers do it.  Car services, Uber/Lyft, taxis, and cruiseline provided transfers.

If you are looking to fly, Newark is close by Bayonne.

And FWIW, the Bayonne cruiseport is closer to midtown Manhattan than midtown is to JFK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Cruise said:

Manhattan from this port they call New York?

I’m thinking of the back to back Quebec City/New York/Quebec City.

JC

What date are you looking at? I'm doing the New York to Quebec cruise on October 18th and it is leaving from Manhattan Cruise terminal. Just curious.

• Like 1

Jim -- next year's schedule has a Bayonne turn-around date 10/31/25 and a Bayonne cruise-ending date of 11/08/25.  (After 11/8 there's a gap in the schedule -- charter and/or dry dock?).  Bob S.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, 2bobs said:

Jim -- next year's schedule has a Bayonne turn-around date 10/31/25 and a Bayonne cruise-ending date of 11/08/25.  (After 11/8 there's a gap in the schedule -- charter and/or dry dock?).  Bob S.

I have a copy of Crystal's print brochure I received when onboard in September. For Serenity in November 2025:

11/8/25-11/20/25 13 days Bayonne- Bridgetown, Barbados

11/20/25-11/28/25  8 days Bridgetown, Barbados-Ft. Lauderdale

11/28/25-12/7/25  9 days Ft. Lauderdale-Bridgetown, Barbados

I'm not quite sure why the 13 day departure on 11/8/25 does not appear on the website at the moment. But, then again, the written brochure also shows the Symphony transiting the Suez Canal in March 2025, and that itinerary has already been altered. So, stay tuned, I guess...

Rob

Edited by ryndam

It takes about one and half hour from Bayonne (Cape Liberty) to Manhattan depending on traffic. Newark airport is about 30 minutes from Bayonne. There are many taxis at the port. I believe they charge around US 100 to Manhattan. Apparently there is also a shuttle bus that goes to Times Square, I think for about US 35. We were there just a couple of weeks ago with another cruise line. Although we stayed overnight, it was not the best way to visit New York. 

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin