Day Pass at Pompano Beach Resort

1bets1

14 hours ago, 1bets1 said:

Has anyone gone here recently? Hopefully cruising June 2025, and would like to hear more about this resort. Thank you!

It's nice enough-- a bit dated in places. Smaller pool that can get pretty crowded during the peak season. Food is fine but nothing to write home about. Easy to get a drink-- they have a pool bar as well as one down by the beach. Small patch of beach nestled into the rocks the hotel sits on-- make sure everyone in your group can handle stairs to get to and from it. 

It's not bad nor good-- shoots right down the middle. 

17 hours ago, 1bets1 said:

Thank you. How was the beach there? It’s hard to tell from the pictures I’ve seen.

It's a postage stamp. If you want a great beach Horseshoe is going to be much better than this, but obviously lacking the hotel amenities that a day pass gives you (although there are beach amenities there). But the beach at Pompano is tiny and hugged by outcroppings. It also has jettys on either side so the water itself is pretty calm but lacks any sort of wave action if that's what you're looking for.

Coco Reef is often on those websites-- I would say that it is more of a beach than Pompano has. Also a slightly larger pool. I wouldn't say one has a dramatic advantage over the other. 

The top beach club on the island is the one at the Rosewood Tucker's Point-- absolutely perfect with a few pools, once of the nicests beaches on the island which is sort of de facto private (although legally not private), and the food is amazing. But they strictly only allow overnight guests of the hotel. On a multiple overnight cruise to Bermuda we once got a room there just to access the beach club for 2 days by cashing in a ton of Amex points. It was fun but extremely expensive. 

Thanks. We’ve been to Horseshoe and love it, but wanted to try something different. The beach area at Pompano does look small in the pictures. I’ll keep reading. Thanks for all your info!

42 minutes ago, 1bets1 said:

We’ve been to Horseshoe and love it, but wanted to try something different. The beach area at Pompano does look small in the pictures. I’ll keep reading

It's not a day pass situation (in that you would have full access to the hotel's facilities) but St Catherine's Beach near St Georges is quite nice and the newer St Regis resort is there. While you couldn't swim in the pools you could eat and drink there and the beach itself is quite nice (and you obviously wouldn't have to pay a fee). Unlike the beach at the Rosewood, which technically is public but nearly impossible to access without being a hotel guest, St Catherine's is easy to access. 

That does sound nice, as long as I could use the bathrooms at St Regis. Ferry then cab? Thinking of it, I really need beach chairs. 

Edited by 1bets1

2 minutes ago, 1bets1 said:

That does sound nice, as long as I could use the bathrooms at St Regis.

There are restrooms at the hotel and there are also public restrooms at the nearby Fort St Catherine's which is worth a visit. Tobacco Bay is a short walk away as well so a bunch of stuff right there. 

5 minutes ago, 1bets1 said:

Ferry then cab?

Correct. 

2 hours ago, 1bets1 said:

That does sound nice, as long as I could use the bathrooms at St Regis. Ferry then cab? Thinking of it, I really need beach chairs. 

I would not count on using the bathrooms at St. Regis. If you are going to take the ferry to St. Georges I suggest taking a taxi to Clearwater/Coopers Reserve. There are chair rentals at Clearwater and bathrooms. Another option is Shelly Bay there are now chairs there and bathrooms. Another day pass option now is Willowbank Resort. I have never been and don't know what the beach is like but the day pass should be easy to get. Pompano you have to wait until a few days before and may not be available in season. I have not read any recent success or non susucess. Seems like not many may not be trying to get a day pass there because they have to wait until the relatively last minute. 

Edited by Charles4515