I'm booked on a Princess cruise to NZ on the STANDARD FARE. Lots of questions...

26 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Unfortunately, the one thing that invariably will leave me with (as Terry Pratchett so succinctly puts it) 'dire rear' is tap water (we boil ours at home, problem solved). On our last cruise I had a couple of glasses of water from the glass water dispenser in one of the bars and hey presto spent most of the night in the bathroom in between swallowing Gastro Stop.🥴 So sadly it's bottled water for me.

Yes, their stuff is usually just chilled tap water. Some ships dispense it via a filter, most don't.

Edited by arxcards

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

I'm leaving towards sticking with STANDARD FARE. Thanks everyone. 

We're usually fine with ships tap water. I'll take on a bottle of wine in Sydney from Liquor land at World Square. And any extras I buy I'm happy to pay the $30 corkage. I'll have to win at the champagne hooplaaaaa lol. Plus I'll attend the Grapevine wine tasting, use the mini bar and captains cocktail event. Then pay as I go cocktails. 

Jump in with a good trivia team so you can win bottles of "Ship" champagne.

• Like 2

I really am a sort-of honest person. We've always in the past taken a bottle of wine on board each in our hand luggage, plus one bottle each in our suitcases, and have always got away with it, that is until this current Princess cruise.

This time we had only one bottle of champers between us, no wine, and for convenience it was in a suitcase. We took no alcohol in our hand luggage. My suitcase arrived in our cabin promptly, Keith's was a no show. Our cabin steward said he'd look for it, he delivered it about 20 mins later complete with a white tag that said "alcohol". They let it through, with no surcharge.

If by chance your embarkation port isn't a complete changeover of passengers, ie it's also a port of call for those already on board, you could board, then leave the ship a bit later to buy more soft drink cans to bring aboard.

• Like 1