"Live" from Adventure of The Seas, Transatlantic, Port Canaveral to Lisbon, October 25- Nov 6, 2024

Prometheus1

2 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

Errands run today- 2nd shingles shot 😞  and Flu. Scripts not ready yet so will pick up later. Walgreen is 13 miles away as is the grocery store and everything else. Still waiting on some amazon deliveries anyway before I can pack.

Things I plan to do on the ship

1) Moet tasting

2)  Sushi and Sake Lunch

3) Hot Stone Massage

4) first time trying a specialty restaurant on a Royal Ship- Giovanni's Table

5) Ropers Romp pub crawl

We are not really show people but I may check out the love and marriage show (I have never seen one but hear they are hilarious)

We have not booked any shore excursions and are just going to wing it. Once we are in Lisbon we may try to go to Sintra since many have recommended it. Will also review the food tours we booked in Lisbon

Giovanni's is one of our favourite restaurants on RCL.

Chop's grill is nice too.

Check out the price of a 3 night or unlimited speciality restaurants deal online as you often get good deals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prometheus1 said:

Thank you graham for the pics, this is giving me many ideas of  things to try to see

Coco cay is amazing.

Lanzarote a tour to Costa Tequise market.

Arrecife is disappointing and you have a walk of over 1000 metres from the shuttle drop off to the main street.

Tenerife a tour to Puerto de la Cruz are our favourites.

You can walk off the ship into Santa Cruz Tenerife which has 1 very long shopping street.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAC104 said:

What kind of cabin did you book, and where is it located?

One of the things I enjoyed on the ships were the show productions.  I always found them enjoyable.

Junior suite, midship- Just not a show person, although I do enjoy a good ballet and I love Opera!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, julie3fan said:

OK, now I'm not convinced you've actually ever cruised before! 🤣🤣🤣 How could you have missed a Love and Marriage show?  They're hysterical!!

It's one of those things that I always say I'm gonna go but then I don't......I promise to go this time:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LATTELOVE said:

Following,

And thank you for taking us along.

Looking forward to your posts.

We would like to go on Adventures OTS, for 

the New Years cruise 2024, waiting for prices to drop a little.

(wishful thinking right)

Those are some crazy prices.  They were so cheap when they were first released and we paid just under $2000 taxes included Canadian for a midship balcony.(total, not per person)  Recently that same cabin was over $14000 CAD.  That's about $1500 and $11000 USD

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Those are some crazy prices.  They were so cheap when they were first released and we paid just under $2000 taxes included Canadian for a midship balcony.(total, not per person)  Recently that same cabin was over $14000 CAD.  That's about $1500 and $11000 USD

I know, prices were crazy cheap then, (it's out of control now), we got the junior suite for just a few hundred more .

I will be in an interior on my TA next year

Edited by Prometheus1
add
  • Like 2

I love balconies, but could easily do a window cabin.  I do not think I could do an interior cabin as I get claustrophobic.  Have you sailed in an interior cabin before?  I think more people are finding out how much fun being on a ship is, and the supply and demand factor is raising the prices.  Years ago being in Florida meant that last minute cruise deals were so inexpensive, but I don't know if that is still happening the same way. Not having to pay for air fare made it pretty economical sailing out of a Florida port. 

• Like 3

On the agenda for today: pick up my scripts that were not ready yesterday, look for my magnets and my clothesline as well as my converter plug. While at Walgreens will pick up some mucinex, cough drops, cold and flu meds "just in case" and of course ziplocks (I always travel with ziplocks (great for doing laundry in).

Leftovers for dinner tonight, tomorrow we will go out to eat so we are not throwing out leftovers. Empty fridge out tomorrow (if we get any storms, while gone, we will lose power). After the last storm we had no electricity for 5 days (we stayed in Ocala for Helene and Milton) so I emptied EVERYTHING out.

• Like 3

Just now, CAC104 said:

I love balconies, but could easily do a window cabin.  I do not think I could do an interior cabin as I get claustrophobic.  Have you sailed in an interior cabin before?  I think more people are finding out how much fun being on a ship is, and the supply and demand factor is raising the prices.  Years ago being in Florida meant that last minute cruise deals were so inexpensive, but I don't know if that is still happening the same way. Not having to pay for air fare made it pretty economical sailing out of a Florida port. 

Yes , have sailed in an interior many times, will be sailing on an interior on next years Transatlantic

• Like 2

Time to go through my money stash and find the appropriate currency. I realize many places are tap to pay now but good to have some cash or coin for bathrooms, coffee or whatever.

Have to be careful though- my mom gave me a bunch of British pounds for a trip to England/Scotland in 2001 and the currency was so old that when I presented it to the guy at a coffee shop he said "whats this?" 

Just used these euros a few years ago so they should be good. My pound notes will need to be exchanged next time I'm in the UK-they still have Queen Elizabeth on them and it is my understanding that it has since changed.

Somewhere in storage I still have Deutch Marks and Italian Lira 🤪

17296172018292967782295254812453.jpg

Edited by Prometheus1
add
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, CAC104 said:

Carol, I think I sleep better in an interior cabin because I am super light sensitive but I love being able to look at the ocean. I always prefer a balcony but sometimes it is an interior or no cruise.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CAC104 said:

I am intrigued.....you said that the zip locks were good for doing laundry.....is there a short cut in using them this way, or did you mean to that they were good for storing dirty laundry?

Get a large ziplock, put your wash items in with hot water and detergent, zip up then slosh it (basically agitate it) like crazy to simulate a washing machine, then empty and put clean water in it and repeat to get the detergent out for however many times it takes- Voila, your laundry is done., wring it out and hang to dry :)

obviously this isnt as good as a true washer but it will get socks, undies and some items clean enough until you can do regular laundry. :)

Edited by Prometheus1
Misspelling
  • Like 3

OK, looks like G has gotten our spots to see the Palacio Nacional de Sintra and Quinta da Regaleira. Not really enough time to comfortably do more and still get a bite to eat. (will have to see how my back holds up)  Looking forward to it!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Prometheus1 said:

OK, looks like G has gotten our spots to see the Palacio Nacional de Sintra and Quinta da Regaleira. Not really enough time to comfortably do more and still get a bite to eat. (will have to see how my back holds up)  Looking forward to it!

We only saw the buildings from the outside, so I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of the interior!

• Like 2

Following! I’m on the Westbound return and first time on Royal Caribbean. Interested in finding out what will be done during dry dock. Please let me know if you hear of anything.

• Like 1

Please post the daily schedules. I’m interested in knowing the daily activities offered and the menus too. I’m doing a TA in April eastbound on VV Resilient Lady from San Juan to BCN with a stop in Canaries, Morocco, Mallorca, Valencia. I can’t wait to see your Canary adventures.

• Like 1