Looking for a Decent Hotel Near Port Liberty Bayonne NJ

johnjen

So far, we've found a Best Western that will keep our car for the duration of the cruise and will also provide shuttle to and from Port Liberty.

Are there any other decent Hotels in that area that provide the same services?

So far, we've found a Best Western that will keep our car for the duration of the cruise and will also provide shuttle to and from Port Liberty.

Are there any other decent Hotels in that area that provide the same services?

Free parking in the Northern New Jersey greater tri state area near the airport is a rarity.

If it is the Best Western Newark, you'd be better off staying in the street.

Thanks for the advice, but I just finished speaking with the hotel manager at the Best Western Newark West. The rooms have all been remodeled, parking lot security is tops, and the place is next to an FBI field office and they have never had any major incidents except for taxi cab drivers telling the people from the cruise ships that "the shuttle for Best Western broke down" and they were scamming these people for $40 per ride.

It is the only hotel in the area that fully acommodates cruisers - we are booked and we are keeping the reservations. Prices for the cruise and park package start at $155 a night.

Call the hotel, speak to the manager. She even invited us up to come and check it out - we may do so and I intend on providing a report on our findings.

Howard, We are booked on Explorer of the Seas (June 16th). We definitely will post a review. I advised the manager of our intent to post our comments here on the hotel and she's pretty excited about it.

Personally, I think this is going to be a decent place to stay. I think the worrywarts over this hotel must be driving a porche, or maybe they're too picky, or just haven't been there to see it since the renovations and security changes.

Personally, I think this is going to be a decent place to stay. I think the worrywarts over this hotel must be driving a porche, or maybe they're too picky, or just haven't been there to see it since the renovations and security changes.

I've been by that hotel probably a hundred times and I'm just telling you; it is a dump. I fly into Newark around half the time I go to NYC and the Airtrain goes right past the BW.

Firstly, air traffic and car traffic is heavy. The parking lot is surrounded by a 12 foot chain link security fence. The crime rate in the area is insane.

Did the hotel manager offer to give you the phone number of the Newark Police Department so you could check area crime statistics yourself?

You asked about the hotel, I told you and now you are calling me a worry wart.

Let me add that I read some of those trip advisor reviews. Whomever wrote that they could see the Statue of Liberty from the hotel room had bionic vision. You would have to be able to see over Newark Airport, and then past Bayonne (which is sort of an island itself) then into the harbor. It is at least 9 or 10 miles by way the crow flies to the Statue of Liberty.

For what it is worth, there are some really nice Best Westerns in Manhattan and I would certainly stay in them. The Best Western Seaport is gorgeous.

Archived