Resorts to enjoy for the day?

Chris

• 8 months later...

we were on Bonaire 11/29/06. We ended up spending the day at Plaza Bonita. The beach at Plaza was nice! we paid a $20 day use fee (kids were free) and had use of the pool, beach and snorkeling was good.

We walked there only because we couldn't find a taxi and were told it was close. Weather was very hot. We took a taxi back ($2 pp). Unfortunately it was a mostly cloudy/rainy day so we didn't stay as long as we might have. Snorkeling was the best of any of the ports we visited.

dac

It is

My husband and I booked the day at the beach through Princess for $99 per person

Great snorkling, however, the place was not worth the cost. ( 200! ) Add injury to insult, we were charged $2 to go into the water. Overcooked grilled lunch. School bus to drive us to the place ( we walked back, it took my husband and I thirteen minutes). Not enough chairs. Water and fruit punch only to drink. Everyone was mad. I complained, and princess refunded us 35 percent. We really felt ripped off, esp when we saw the 10 dollar day pass. Ruined what should have been a good day and turned me off to that cruise line ( We have cruised Royal Carribean and think we will go back to them )

sorry I was tired when I posted. It is the Plaza Resort. I agree with the other poster....do not do the ship tour. If you want to go on your own its a great and cheap day. I would have been very upset had I paid $99 pp though.

dac

sorry I was tired when I posted. It is the Plaza Resort. I agree with the other poster....do not do the ship tour. If you want to go on your own its a great and cheap day. I would have been very upset had I paid $99 pp though.

dac

Wow! $ 99.00 with Princess or $ 24.00 taxi and entry on your own!!! Holly Schmooly!

How long was your walk?

Wow! $ 99.00 with Princess or $ 24.00 taxi and entry on your own!!! Holly Schmooly!

How long was your walk?

I also went to the Plaza.....on my own. The walk was about 10 minutes. The day pass I think was $15 and and additional $5 for a chair. It came out to $20. Also had use of pools and dive up bar at pool. It would have been outragous to pay $99 for that with a lunch. But I knew not to do the $99 as I read about the Plaza in advance and in general I avoid the cruise line excursions because they are usually overpriced. We did take a taxi back only because there was a cab there when we were leaving and he took us for $2 per person.

• 2 weeks later...
I also went to the Plaza.....on my own. The walk was about 10 minutes. The day pass I think was $15 and and additional $5 for a chair. It came out to $20. Also had use of pools and dive up bar at pool. It would have been outragous to pay $99 for that with a lunch. But I knew not to do the $99 as I read about the Plaza in advance and in general I avoid the cruise line excursions because they are usually overpriced. We did take a taxi back only because there was a cab there when we were leaving and he took us for $2 per person.

Just a couple of questions for you all if you get this. So is it to the right (south - I think) of the boat when you get off? And also are you able to rent snorkel equipment here? Thanks - I will be in bonaire in a couple of weeks!

Just a couple of questions for you all if you get this. So is it to the right (south - I think) of the boat when you get off? And also are you able to rent snorkel equipment here? Thanks - I will be in bonaire in a couple of weeks!

Yes, it is to the right when you get off. They do rent snorkel equipment.

• 1 month later...

We plan on going to the Plaza Bonaire on our own. Is this the same hotel the cruise ship contratcts with for $99.00?

Just got back from the Crown Princess today and wanted to warn you about the Plaza Hotel. It is only a few blocks from the ship and they charge a $15 admission. When we got there, they had no lounge chairs left, but we figured, what the heck we will just use our towels. Not..... the so called sand is all coral and when you do go into the water, that is all coral too. After paying the fee to enter, I went to get snorkel equipment, but they didn't have any of that left either. After about 20 minutes, we cut our losses and walked back to the ship to enjoy a relaxing day at the pool.

..... the so called sand is all coral and when you do go into the water, that is all coral too.

LOL ;) All of the beaches are crushed coral not just the Plaza Hotel. Boanire does not have fine, soft sand beaches.

• 1 month later...

Do you need to make reservations ahead of time? Is there enough chairs for everyone (including those that book the ships excurision?) Asking because we booked Pineapple Beach in Antigua long before our 2005 cruise and when we got there, there were no chairs available for us. Don't want that to happen again. Thanks for your guidance.:)

Archived