bdjam,largin,spongerob, gotta question?

sunshine426

cjskids.. Did have insurance to cover your losses? Was it with Princess or another carrier? Wondering what would be the best type for situations such as yours. Do you have to get your homeowners insurance involved?

At this point it's not something I should go into detail about, sorry. When it all works out I'll be sure and let you all know.

Wow – 9 pair of high-end shoes for a seven day cruise. I thought I was bad with my large amount of luggage... :o

What can I tell you Brian, I love my shoes! You should have seen the amount of clothes I brought with me, guess I thought I was on a back to back!

I happen to work in the legal field in my "other life":rolleyes: and I would just caution those of you who were on the ship and have any sort of ongoing claim with your insurance company etc. to just be mindful of what you post. These are public forums and I do know that there is no reason legally not to post the status of a claim unless advised not to do so by your attorney. There is nothing wrong with discussing progress regarding your claims etc. as a result of the fire but I would caution against using this board to campaign, "get the word out" etc. regarding any possible disputes.. those should be strictly between passenger and cruise line.

Internet's a public forum and ya don't want somethin' coming back to bite ya in the back side...

I love my shoes! You should have seen the amount of clothes I brought with me

I feel for you having to make such a large claim. When my son's bag was misplaced at LA airport (and subsequently never found) we also embarked on a claim. Not only did we have to provide a list of everything inside the bag, but send in receipts and details of when, where and how we purchased everything. We even had to specify if we'd paid cash, cheque or used a credit card. It made me wonder if the insurance company use this info to verify whether the claim was valid or not. Whatever, it was a logistical nightmare to assemble the information required.

Luckily, apart from one or two items, there was nothing of great value. The hardest part was the loss of mementos from his trip. He'd been to a remote island in Fiji where he'd helped build a school. The children had made and carved various tokens of their appreciation and thanks. You can't put a figure on such items of sentimental value which were, obviously, irreplacible.

Good Luck

Laura

I happen to work in the legal field in my "other life":rolleyes: and I would just caution those of you who were on the ship and have any sort of ongoing claim with your insurance company etc. to just be mindful of what you post. These are public forums and I do know that there is no reason legally not to post the status of a claim unless advised not to do so by your attorney. There is nothing wrong with discussing progress regarding your claims etc. as a result of the fire but I would caution against using this board to campaign, "get the word out" etc. regarding any possible disputes.. those should be strictly between passenger and cruise line.

Internet's a public forum and ya don't want somethin' coming back to bite ya in the back side...

Thanks Caroline for the reminder. That's exactly why I haven't answered specific questions.

Guest Host Tink

In the best interest of all those concerned, I feel it is best to close this thread before anyone says anything they shouldn't. :D

Archived