This is dumb-Sensation/Fantasy switch

cloudydrms

Hmmm... an international company REQUIRED by US & international law to maintain specific health requirements for their accomodations NOT abiding those rules and letting people onboard their ship... AFTER going through an extensive US Coast Guard inspection that caused their delay for departure on 3/27/06 and released with full approval BY the inspectors?

Sorry, that's just not likely. If the ship has had that kind of problems, they would be canceling future cruises and getting it into drydock for services.

First, I've never heard that the Coast Guard caused their delay by doing what they're supposed to do. The delay was caused by the ship not meeting minimal safety requirements. Those had to be fixed before they allowed the passengers to board.

Secondly,overflow of toilets and water being turned off for long periods of time would be a sanitation issue. Overflows that wet carpets would be a health issue.

I'm not sailing, but I can understand why those who are would be concerned.

The only issue that I'm aware of that might need dry dock to repair is the propulsion issue. Dry dock is only required for anything underwater.

Okay, I know it is going to get run to the ground. We were suppose to be on the May 14th 2006 (Mother's Day) sailing on the Fantasy in a Cat 12 & now my reservation says the Sensation. I feel that Carnival should give some sort of ship credit. I know they are the same layout. We have been on 4 cruises with Carnival & all have been great. This is the first time we have ever had a change of ship. I know that the cat 12 cabins have been refurbished, but if the ship is having problems - propulsion, plumbing and nice suite doesn't make up for the chance of breaking down. Is there any chance of it getting switched back or is this permanent? I think we need to hear from anyone that is cruising on her in the next couple of weeks. I hope all the Sensation problems are fixed by May 14th.

Is there any chance of it getting switched back or is this permanent?

According to the other posts and News on Carnival.com, it's a permanent change... and the Fantasy will be going back to Nawlins instead of the Sensation in October.

First, I've never heard that the Coast Guard caused their delay by doing what they're supposed to do. The delay was caused by the ship not meeting minimal safety requirements. Those had to be fixed before they allowed the passengers to board.

<<<snippage>>>

The only issue that I'm aware of that might need dry dock to repair is the propulsion issue. Dry dock is only required for anything underwater.

It was on the news and in local papers (Coast Guard delay). Yes, they were doing what they were supposed to do and held up the departure until sucha time as the cruise ship fulfilled COAST GUARD requirements. So the ship sailed, ergo: it was fine/approved/given blessing. Then something went wrong.

And might I add "Mea culpa." I see you've corrected SEVERAL of us on the proper usage of the term "dry dock," in sevetral of the other posts on this volatile topic (ie: Sensation/Fantasy). But I believe most of us use the term to refer to the general status or "out of service/being worked on." :rolleyes:

I am also very upset. Carnival claims it is the exact same sailing. There are plumbing and water problems. Read the posts. I don't want any ship credit. I just ask to book the Fantasy and pay the difference and I was advised that is not an option. Or let me cancel. I do not want to sail on a ship that requires the water to shut off. Several people complained of over-flowing toilets in their rooms, rusty water, etc.

The Sensation is having major problems. I wouldn't care that there was a change in the ship; I would not want to sail on a ship that's having so many major issues.

All we hear about the supposed problems on Sensation are on this board. I agree there are propulsion problems or the switch would not have been made. I also agree that there are other problems but who knows how severe they are. The truth is probably somewhere between what the doom sayers on the board are posting and what Carnival says. Remember that two people can see the same thing and get an entirely different perspective.

I am also very upset. Carnival claims it is the exact same sailing. There are plumbing and water problems. Read the posts. I don't want any ship credit. I just ask to book the Fantasy and pay the difference and I was advised that is not an option. Or let me cancel. I do not want to sail on a ship that requires the water to shut off. Several people complained of over-flowing toilets in their rooms, rusty water, etc.

On ONE cruise!! You aren't even scheduled to cruise for another 27 days!! You do, and always will, have the option to canclel, it just comes down to how much of your money they will keep when you decide too. Please feel free to do this at any point and write a letter to Carnival and request a refund or a future cruise credit. You may recieve that or possibily nothing at all, call your agency advise them you want to cancel and have them note the reason why. If you are SOOOOOO concerned with the issues then just cancel already, quit trying to talk other into going with you.

I'm upset that the Sensation is not coming back to New Orleans! I've never sailed on the Fantasy before, but from reading the reviews posted on the Cruise Critic website, I don't think I want to.

The problems the Sensation is having now are all temporary, it is still a nicer ship than the Fantasy.

For all those dissappointed folks who are getting the Sensation instead of the Fantasy, you shoud check out the member reviews for both ships. Up untill last week the reviews of the Sensation have been glowing, not so for the Fantasy!

I was looking forward to sailing on the Sensation out of New Orleans for Thanksgiving, now I think I'll take a ship out of Galveston.

For those folks who say the ships are identical, they're not. Maybe the layout is basically the same, but the ships are not identical.

Are you even sailing on the Sensation?

Nope, I'm sailing on the Europe sailing on the Carnival Liberty. I just hate seeing people making a mountain out of a molehill and giving mis- information. The fact of the matter is that you have't even given the time for a few minor issues to be resolved. You continue to stress on something that is almost a month away. Carnival has been in business for 33 years and is and has been #1 in the industry for years. Do you seriously think that this will be a presistant issue? Get real Bobo. Things need to be and will be fixed in plenty of time for your sailing. Again if you really feel the need to cancel, please feel free to do so, accept the penatly and write the letter.

I think it is still a possibilty that the Sensation will come back to New Orleans. I think they had to do a fast switch to get the 5 day cruise to Grand Turk, and the easiest way to do it way flip flop the ships completely. I think this is not the last change for ships sailing out of New Orleans.

I think I'll wait later than usual to do my booking, maybe two months out instead of six. I can't decide what cruise I want to take. I don't know if I want to go to Galveston or New Orleans. :confused: I'm so confused. There has been word that there will be a 7 day out of New Orleans by year end. Has anyone heard anything about this lately?

Archived