CC Group Photo - ms Zuiderdam - 03/25/06

RustaRoo

More than 60 CC'ers were aboard the Eastern Caribbean Cruise; this is a photo of most of them.

After a very strong Roll Call (more than 200 messages) it was fabulous being able to put faces to names (though far more difficult to do now:o ). One of our members (KateQ22003) designed terrific tropical nametags, while another member (joanne93) donated the supplies and lanyards and printed them. I prepared personalized invitations and delivered them to each member's stateroom. So it was a wonderfully collaborative effort!

We inivited the Hotel Manager, Cruise Director and Food & Beverage Manager to attend. the HotMan, Mark Pells as well as CD Eric Dowis, spoke to the group, welcoming us aboard stressing the value of our commitment and loyalty to HAL, as well as an appreciation for the feedback we regularly provide. Mark also spoke of HALs upcoming additions to the fleet.

Hot hors d'oeuvres and rum punch were served to adults (at a pre-negotiated group fee) and mocktails and cookies were available to our juniour cruisers (at no charge).

I was the contact person for the cocktail party with the ship and am seated in the second row, second from left; Kathy [KateQ22003] is standing (6th person from the right, wearing a white top); Joanne [joanne93] is crouched in the front row, also wearing a white top.

CCGroup2.jpg.8ac73554921fe1d062e914af87b89f5d.jpg

How was the food?

I had a bit of an upset GI system the first couple of days on board (NOT cruise related) so wasn't too interested in food. Once I was, however, I enjoyed most of it. For some reason I was 'put off' by the scalloped potatoes and asparagus side dishes in the Pinnacle, though my travelling companion loved them. I found the spice used to be 'weird' tasting to me on that particular day. But all in all, very good. Someone had previously remarked how good the pizzas were at lunchtime in the Lido, so I tried it and thoroughly must agree. Thin crust and absolutely delicious. Made a great snack! And can you beat the Chocolate Volcano? I think not....:)

Archived