Will I like the Jewel?

The tip is AUTOMATICALLY added on NCL ships. It's $10 a day pp, so a 7 day cruise will be $70. pp, added to your shipboard account. Room service tip is @ your discretion. Free Style means there is NO set time for your meals. You may dine anytime, anywhere. The Speciality Restaurants have a surcharge, but, not, the regular dining rooms. We are on the Jewel in late November. Hope this helps.

You will love the Jewel! We just did the Western itinerary. The service, entertainment and food was marvelous. The artwork throughout the ship was beautiful. Freestyle means you get to eat when you want and where you want. It's best to make reservations for the specialty restaurants the first day. We loved it so much we are now thinking about doing the Eastern itinerary on the Jewel in November. There is a gratuity charge for each person in a stateroom which is added onto your bill at the end of the cruise. For adults it is $10.00 a day and for children under a certain age it is only $5.00 a day and I think infants under a certain age is free. This makes it a lot easier deciding who gets what! Staff definitely work very hard and yu are free to give them more if you would like! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I learned a lot on these boards before we went and would like to help others in turn!

Hi

I am considering the Jewel in November... I am not really sure I understand what "freestyle" means.. Can someone explain? Also, what is the daily charge for tips, etc.. Thanks for any info!!

Freestyle means essentially: Free Style.

- Free to enjoy your vacation without worrying about tips....they're already added to your shipboard account $10 per day, per person

- Free to eat when & where you want. 10 restaurants to choose from, most of which are included in your cruise fare, and a few premium restaurants available for a small cover charge.

- Free to dress the way you like. No mandatory formal nights, so you don't need to pack any suits or fancy dresses....only requirement is No Jeans or shorts in the dining rooms after 5:30p.m. Dockers...every day, all day!

- Free to disembark at leisure. The day before disembarkation, you're assigned colored luggage tags, based on whether you're a VIP, a walk-off (no checked luggage), whether you have your return transporation with NCL, or by yourself, etc. You can go eat, sit in your cabin & watch tv, or hang out in the public spaces until your color is called. If you're not in a hurry, you can stay beyond your color, until last call. If you're in a hurry, I've heard that you may be able to trade-up your color at the Reception Desk the night before disembarkation.

- Free to associate....nobody is assigned to your dinner table. Eat with whomever you choose....or eat alone!

- Free to relax...with a beautiful spa, gym, library, pools, and some of the most pleasant staff on the seas.

That's what Freestyle is..... it's what Life should be!

sjbdz has defined freestyle to the fullest. It is more than eating where and when you want. Will you enjoy the Jewel? Let's put it this way, if you do not you will be in a very small minority. there are 10 choices for your eating pleasure, everything from standard main dining rooms to upscale restaurants with sevice charges plus the old fashinon hamburger hangout called Blue Lagoon and the Tex Mex restaurant.

NMNIta

Hi

I am considering the Jewel in November... I am not really sure I understand what "freestyle" means.. Can someone explain? Also, what is the daily charge for tips, etc.. Thanks for any info!!

Freestyle has been explained.

The Jewel is wonderful:)

Archived