How to get from Doubletree Grand to Coconut Grove by public transport

Broch

:) We will be in Miami for 3 nights Post Cruise at the beginning of next month and would like to visit Coconut Grove. I do not want to drive in Miami or take Taxis all the time so I was considering taking the Metromover from Omni to Government Buildings and then the Metrorail to Coconut Grove. Is this the beast route for me to travel as I cannot see a direct bus route.:)

I was considering taking the Metromover from Omni to Government Buildings and then the Metrorail to Coconut Grove.

It's...possible. But bear in mind that the Metrorail stops running at midnight, after 6PM runs only every 15-30 minutes, and the Coconut Grove station is not actually IN Coconut Grove; you will have to transfer to Metrobus 249 to finally get to the Grove. Walking, especially at night, is not a good idea. If you're doing the trip during the day/early evening, it should be fine. You should also take a look at Villa Vizcaya, which actually IS near the Vizcaya Metrorail station.

I'm in Miami right now on business. Downtown Miami is pretty seedy, and a huge construction zone, though the Doubletree is lovely and a great base from which to go exploring the Grove, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, etc.

Thankyou very much for your reply. We would not be there at night as we plan to head down first thing in the morning for shoping at Coco Walk an be back at the hotel mid afternoon to enjoy the facilities of the hotel. I see there is also a station at Vizcaya as well as Coconut Grove.

I see there is also a station at Vizcaya as well as Coconut Grove.

The Coconut Grove station/bus 249 is the combination to get you to Cocowalk. While in the Grove you should walk down opposite the Coconut Grove Playhouse and tour The Barnacle, one of the oldest houses in the Miami area. Vizcaya is a wonderful mansion built in the early 20th century by James Deering; extensive gardens and a cafe/gift shop in the basement. 20 years ago there was an otdoor Shakespeare festival there, which was something of a problem since the estate is directly under one of the main flight paths for MIA and at night raccoons would wander through the audience. (That's Florida....)

Thanks posters. It does seem to be a bit of a pain taking the combinations of transport. Because my wife does not want me to have the strain of driving I thought I would try and use some form of public transport to go down and a cab to come back but there is the inconvenience factor to think about. Probably a cab it is. We are saving a bit of money staying Downtown this year as opposed to Miami Beach prices so this will cover the cost of cabs.

There is a Doubletree in Coconut Grove. If that is your destination, did you think about moving to that hotel or were you just wanting to spend an afternoon there?

The Doubletree Grand and Doubletree Coconut Grove are literally right down the street from each other about four miles apart. Your hotel may have a shuttle service that could ferry you between hotels.

There is a Doubletree in Coconut Grove. If that is your destination, did you think about moving to that hotel or were you just wanting to spend an afternoon there?

The Doubletree Grand and Doubletree Coconut Grove are literally right down the street from each other about four miles apart. Your hotel may have a shuttle service that could ferry you between hotels.

Yes we were just going down in the morning and back in afterrnoon. We are booked through RCCL and they do not do the grove one. But the is an excellent idea about the shuttle I will certainly ask when I am there. Also was not sure how far apart they were. 4 miles should not be much in a cab.

Archived