What A Load Of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEESRE

We are sailing on Millennium in three weeks time on the transatlantic and my TA has just come back to me to say that Celebrity cannot do the flights on which I was booked.

They are now saying we will have to wait over 8 hours at the airport before our return flight home, no offer of an apology!

Sorry to vent my feelings on here but I am more than annoyed that this cruise has been booked since 2nd JULY, 2005. and they just realise the flights are wrong.

What is happening to Celebrity Air are they going down the pan to.

We are sailing on Millennium in three weeks time on the transatlantic and my TA has just come back to me to say that Celebrity cannot do the flights on which I was booked.

They are now saying we will have to wait over 8 hours at the airport before our return flight home, no offer of an apology!

Sorry to vent my feelings on here but I am more than annoyed that this cruise has been booked since 2nd JULY, 2005. and they just realise the flights are wrong.

Let me try and understand this? You booked your cruise almost a year ago with an air package; it is of course completely paid for and now, they change the flights on you? Was any reason given? I normally support cruise lines 100% as many of you know, but this is one time, I too would be very unhappy. I guess there isn't a lot you can do about it: of course you can write to the Celebrity and let them know how disappointed you are in the service, but other than that I am at a loss. I would think if the airline changed or cancelled a flight your TA would have told you this. Is it too late to pay the extra $50 or so per person and get a flight diveation? Spelling) It I probably is. NMNita

You went through a TA.

Celebrity ccannot do the flights you have booked?

I was under the impression that if you booked directly with Celebrity both flights and cruise that they were responsible for handling the arrangements, not your TA. Did they Change the flights that they originally offered? or did the airlines change the flights? or did you make reservations in hopes that X would honor them and confirm the flights for you?

I'm just a little confused over your dilemma.

BTW your TA is the person you should be angry with . If your cruise has been booked for a year, their responsibility is to confirm the details, not wait until the last moment if this was the case.

Dave:eek:

It sounds to me like the OP had requested specific flights when booking last year, and that now they are not correct.

Possibly, the fault lies within the airline, canceling their flight at his specified time.?

I booked directly with X, and did a custom air request. When I transferred my booking to a TA, I told them of my request and then double checked that they indeed did have the info, and it was as I requested. However, I realize that air schedules do change and am prepared for this type of situation.

Anyway....8 hours waiting at the airport....wow. not good.

BTW your TA is the person you should be angry with . If your cruise has been booked for a year, their responsibility is to confirm the details, not wait until the last moment if this was the case.

Dave:eek:

I'm not sure I agree with that. If air was booked through the cruise line (without deviation), then the cruise line assigns the flights based on their contracted inventory. If an airline reschedules or cancels those flights, there's not much they can do, and they rebook you in the best alternative they have at the time. This is one of the things you agree when you book air through the cruise line. You don't get to select your flights unless you pay for the deviation. The TA has nothing to do with this.

On the other hand, if air deviation was purchased, did X confirm the flights you wanted? Have those flights been rescheduled or canceled? If so, X should be more accommodating in getting better connections, and your TA should push them for that. But again, choices may be limited and it may be neither the TA's nor the cruise line's fault (airlines can cancel and reschedule flights as they please and their obligations to the passengers are limited)

Regards,

Enrique

I had been checking where my tickets were and the TA called Celebrity to ask, they were then told that they had to change our flights. WHY I ask. It seems that Celebrity had a contract with Iberia airlines for our flights from Barcelona to the UK, after our transatlantic, Iberia are now saying that Celebrity is in breach of contract. But why wait till 3 weeks before cruise, when we have been booked cruise/air all this time. 9 months.

Celebrity Air programme certainly should keep on top of this not wait till the last minuet IMOP. This will be two flight changes since we booked. TA has been very good and took this up with Celebrity.

Leesre,

Go the airline web site and see what they offer. If your old flights are still available on their site then yes the cruise line did you wrong. If not, there is nothing they can do about it. They might have just found out and let you know as soon as possible.

I agree, 8 extra hours in an airport is not fun. Not quite the way you wanted to end your vacation. But, where are you going to be? Is it more like 8 extra hours on vacation? Are you in Barcelona or somewhere else equally cool? An extra half day would be awesome especially since you need to hang out anyway.

My flights just changed the other day (again). In this day and age, airlines are always changing flights around. I know if I book more than 1 month out my flights will probably change. Not by 8 hours mind you sometimes only minutes, others 2 - 4 hours. And this is only on domestic flights.

I know it is a pain, but you are going on an awesome cruise :)

enjoy,

Duane

Thanks for all your concern, but we did do Celebrity air and no the airline did not change or cancel the flight, the flight and my reservation is still confirmed with BA. I am an Executive Card holder with BA so I rang the Executive Club rep and asked them to check with my flight reservation number.

It is Celebrity who at the last moment do not wish to pay for the seats, they keep coming up with all sorts of excuses. Last one being as though it is Easter,!! Easter here is APRIL 14TH NOT MAY 14TH date of our flight.

It looks as though they have made a large boob (Celebrity) and are now trying to get out of it rather than pay the extra money for the flights.

And yes we did, or our TA did all the cruise/air bookings on the 2nd JULY 2005 with Celebrity.

I suppose it is odd that I tell people to book their own air. The reason I do this is because as TA's we have no control over just this type of situation when it arises. Sure it sounds like the simplest way to book..everything through the cruiseline but think about it. Why let a cruiseline book your airfare? What could they possibly know about it? Are they going to give you the best flights? I don't think so. Are they going to shop rates for you? No. They are going to shop rates for them so they make the most profit not give you a bargain. Figure it out. You did that with the shore excursions. Many book their own cuz otherwise the ship builds in a profit for themselves and makes the tour operator must take a lower price for the privilege of the affiliation.

We get a small slice of commission when we sell cruise air but I would rather have everything I am handling go smoothly and I can't do that when I am counting on cruiseline air working out. We can't even get the air itinerary in many cases till shortly before the trip. I know with international flights things get sticky but if it is at all possible book your own air. Then you are in control. Sorry for your frustration Leesre. Hope you can enjoy a nice city tour while you wait.

I had been checking where my tickets were and the TA called Celebrity to ask, they were then told that they had to change our flights. WHY I ask. It seems that Celebrity had a contract with Iberia airlines for our flights from Barcelona to the UK, after our transatlantic, Iberia are now saying that Celebrity is in breach of contract. But why wait till 3 weeks before cruise, when we have been booked cruise/air all this time. 9 months.

Celebrity Air programme certainly should keep on top of this not wait till the last minuet IMOP. This will be two flight changes since we booked. TA has been very good and took this up with Celebrity.

Even with custom air, ticketing is not done until 30 days prior.

I try to avoid cruiseline air if at all possible and urge my clients to seek alternatives whenever/wherever they can.

Many thanks for your comforting words, I was called this morning, and after not accepting the flight changes, I was told that they will try and find some other way to accommodate us.

At least the UK office of Celebrity have pulled their fingers out for a change.

Once again many thanks for your suggestions.

Rex

I also try to never use the cruise line's air. It tends to be a problem waiting to happen.

However, in Celebrity's defense, the airlines change and cancel flights without any notice and this may have happened here.

Just last month I booked a flight to Rome with a seperate roundtrip flight to Genoa (because it was $1,100 cheaper). Literally the next day the airline changed the flight to Rome - Frankfurt...with the same flight number...and didn't tell me until after my non-refundable first class ticket was paid in full! So now I am blessed with a 5 hour layover AND a hassle getting the first ticket to Genoa refunded.

That is, in part, why the cruise lines don't even try to confirm flights more than 30 days out. It happens, unfortunately, all the time.

Hi LEESRE,

I am not sure if it is you who sailed with us on the Brilliance in 2003? If it is you, I just wanted to say "Hi" and hope everything works out for you.

We have done 8 hours in an airport layover a few times and it is not funny at all. Especially when you have to fly all the way over the "pond".

My best to you and yours and I hope you get some better arrangements on your flights.

It was nice to "see" you on the boards. ;)

"Alexis"

Hi LEESRE,

I am not sure if it is you who sailed with us on the Brilliance in 2003? If it is you, I just wanted to say "Hi" and hope everything works out for you.

We have done 8 hours in an airport layover a few times and it is not funny at all. Especially when you have to fly all the way over the "pond".

My best to you and yours and I hope you get some better arrangements on your flights.

It was nice to "see" you on the boards. ;)

"Alexis"

Yes that was us on the Brilliance, nice of you to remember, must have been bad for you to remember me!!!

Just remind me were you in the cruise critic party we had. Give me some clues, my mind at my age is beginning to go ha! ha!

Hope you are still cruising we are as you can see, trying to do about 4 a year, but the pennies keep running out.

Rex

That is a nightmare - once your bags are packed you just want to get home.

I notice you are from the UK - if Celebrity really will not play ball, could you get them to credit you for the airfare and make a direct booking yourselves? We had to do this once and they actually refunded £400 pp which gave us a huge saving.

Not sure if the airport would work for you, but Easyjet have a 10.55 flight out of Barcelona to Luton.

Hi I note that you are from the UK. I live in Harrogate and will be on the T/A Galaxy Galveston - Rome on the 5th May.

When I booked I asked to fly from Leeds/Bradford and I had to pay for the domestic flight as L/B was not included.

When I received the confirmation invoice I noted that I had to travel on the 6.45am flight but that they had me booked on the 14.30hrs flight with AA and would have to change at Chicago. I then would have had a 6 hour wait at Heathrow and a 2 hour wait in Chicago.

I had a look on the internet at flights for that day and there were no direct flights from Heathrow including BA.

I realised that there is a direct BA flight from Gatwick and if I went from Manchester rather than L/B I would be able to fly BA at 10.30hrs and fly GW 13.30hours and arrive in Houston at 17.35hrs instead of at 2245hrs.

I called my TA and asked them to get on the Gatwick flights which she did. I was then refunded the £81 for the L/B flight and this as well as the taxi fare I would have paid will cover my taxi fares to Manchester.

I just told them I wanted to go on that particular flight. Will they not bend for either you or the TA.

Try again Good Luck!

Sue

Yes that was us on the Brilliance, nice of you to remember, must have been bad for you to remember me!!!

Just remind me were you in the cruise critic party we had. Give me some clues, my mind at my age is beginning to go ha! ha!

Hope you are still cruising we are as you can see, trying to do about 4 a year, but the pennies keep running out.

Rex

NO, you were not bad. :D How could I forget that wonderful accent?

Yes, that was me with the "Meet and Mingle" Roll Call. At the party you asked if I was "Alexis". Of course my husband and I are really Pat and Walt, but "Alexis" is a shortened/plural version of our last name.

VickiVSN and I started the Roll Call and did so many of the postings. Donna, Carrie, debandbill, we posted everyday for months on end.

I remember you traveled with relatives.

We try to do a long cruise each year. We did the 11 night Southern Caribbean on the Empress in 2004 and LOVED it. What a great cruise and a great little ship. We did not do one in 2005 because we took 13 of family to Disney in Florida for a week. Talk about pennies being eaten up.:o

This year the 2 week Navigator and maybe the Empress again in 2007. We shall see.

It is nice to see you on here. I saw something and checked your name and sure enough, it is you.

Take care, keep sailing and maybe one day we will cruise on the same ship again. ;)

Here is our picture from the Brilliance and some of the other people on board.Check the Meet and Mingle pictures on the left of the page. You should be in them seated on the left.

My picture. Our Picture

Hey gang, since we are talking about airline stuff here, let me tell you what United tried to pull. Some time ago we booked on them to Italy where our cruise begins. We dialed in plenty of gush for transfers, etc and allowed time between arrival in Yerp and ship departure. Yesterday, we get a call from Untied saying that the time of our departure in the U.S. has been moved to later in the day--because the flight we originally had--let's call it UA 123, no longer exists on that route. MY wife asks, "What about our other flights in Europe?" The res agent replies, matter of factly, you'll be leaving Frankfurt, then going to Munich, then Italy, arriving later, of course. My wife sez we're on a cruise and need to be there in plenty of time because we'd like our luggage to accompany us. To which the res agent says, "Well, you should always carry a little overnight bag in case your luggage doesn't make it." My wife said, "Hey, this is a cruise. I can't go back to the airport to pick it up after the ship has sailed!"

Then my wife asked, why were we being routed through Munich? Doesn't Lufthansa have a non-stop from Frankfurt to Italy? "Well, yes, but it's not a code-share flight." Like this matters to us?

But here's the clincher. You know why this happened? Because the computer looked at the flight number of our US flight, 123, which now goes who-knows-where, and put us on the next flight. Turns out, there still is a flight that leaves early in the morning, as we requested. But it's number 456, something their computer--and the res agent--failed to reckon with.:mad:

Archived