Navigator of the Seas Cabin #6388

I want to do a Western Caribbean cruise and was thinking of RCI NOS or Carnival Triumph. Originally decided on Carnival due to lower cost but now I found a good deal on NOS and just placed Cabin #6388 on hold. I'm leaning toward NOS due to more onboard activities (esp. basketball). Does anyone have feedback on this aft cabin selection? I've heard aft cabins are desired but there are only 2 available on the date I am looking for. Just wondering why these are still available :confused: . I'm taking my 12 DD & 14 DS on their first cruise and also concerned about motion at the aft.

Lots of good advice on this board.

If at all possible, I would switch cabins. While most aft-facing cabins are great choices, deck 6 aft on Voyager class ships are not. There is a large deck beyond the balcony which really limits the view. Not a good water view at all. Any other deck would be much better aft - the higher the better IMO for Voyager class ships. Go with a side balcony - you'll have a much better view (albeit a smaller balcony). Hope this helps.

If at all possible, I would switch cabins. While most aft-facing cabins are great choices, deck 6 aft on Voyager class ships are not. There is a large deck beyond the balcony which really limits the view. Not a good water view at all. Any other deck would be much better aft - the higher the better IMO for Voyager class ships. Go with a side balcony - you'll have a much better view (albeit a smaller balcony). Hope this helps.

Thanks for the prompt response, that might be why there are 3 available of the 7 or so afts on level 6 for 8/5 sailing. I have also heard on some ships that people from upper decks can look down.

http://community.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

This will help you visualize the differences in the aft cabins. The higher you go, the better on Voyager-class ships. But there are a few folks out there who have really enjoyed their aft cabins even on the lower decks, so only you can decide what it takes to make your cabin selection the best choice for you! Some balconies get more sun that others, some have better views (less obstruction) than others, some aft balconies are even larger than others (all the aft balconies are large though). There are lot's of things to consider! Take a look at all the photos (5 pages) and then you will have a much better idea of what you want! Good luck deciding!

Wow Bonnie, those are great pics! Thanks for helping me decide too. We just put a hold on a JS #1694 aft on the Voyager for February and was trying to decide what to do. I heard aft was great but wasn't sure with the way the back of the ship was shaped. Just came back off the Sovereign and need a big ship fix! Any other advice?

Thanks!

CruzinMom05 -

We were in 1694 on Voyager last December & you'll love it. Being on deck 10 the view is much less obstructed than the lower decks. You can't look directly down to the water, but the view of the wake is awesome. Also, the balcony is HUGE (at least 3x size other JS balconies) and the room itself is longer than most JS. The balcony is also completely covered, so there's no problem with soot. There is some vibration when the ship is coming to a stop in port but it's no big deal. Enjoy!

Thanks for the input Voyager 70,

It's for myself and my three daughters, 20, 15 and 14 (by then anyway). Do you think they will like the balcony as it is? We had a side balcony on Voyager but you could look down. Also...do you notice the movement of the boat more aft? Thanks for the help!

I personally didn't notice any more movement being aft & we did have choppy seas a couple days. Some people say they do notice more movement aft, so I guess it's more of an individual thing. As far as the balcony, if looking directly down to the water is something your daughters really like, it may be a bit of a disappointment. However, like I wrote earlier, that balcony is huge (we had 8 people on it for drinks one night) and the view of the wake is really a sight to see. One other thing - you don't have as much privacy as you do on side balconies. You can see down onto deck 8 & 9 balconies (just the ones in the center of the aft) & they can see you if you're standing at the railing. Not a big deal, but just wanted to make you aware of it. Hope this helps.

Actually.

I had 6688 on Mariner (opposite corner)...and loved it.

True,it does not look straight down to the water,but the very large size,more than made up for that. I have a ton of pics,that I will post later.

On Mariner,it is an E1 Cat...So you get the larger balcony for a much better price than 7388 and up...

The only problem we had and it was minor,was it was it was above the crew deck and a service door,and every now and then you would get several min of the door slamming,but again it was minor,and I don't think that will be an issue on your side.

It was our favorite balcony yet.

Actually.

True,it does not look straight down to the water,but the very large size,more than made up for that. I have a ton of pics,that I will post later.

On Mariner,it is an E1 Cat...So you get the larger balcony for a much better price than 7388 and up...

The only problem we had and it was minor,was it was it was above the crew deck and a service door,and every now and then you would get several min of the door slamming,but again it was minor,and I don't think that will be an issue on your side.

All of the corner aft balconies for decks 6-9 are E1 and priced the same as all others. Deck 10 corners are priced higher because they are D1.

We loved 7388.

Actually.

I would love to see the pics of cabin #6688. We are booked in #6388 on the 5/14 sailing of the Mariner and I have not been able to find pictures of this cabin.

All of the corner aft balconies for decks 6-9 are E1 and priced the same as all others. Deck 10 corners are priced higher because they are D1.

We loved 7388.

Ok,I guess thats possible...I know I tried to book it as it was open as well,as 6688...I was thinking that it was because it was a JS...But DH just reminded me that they would only book the room as a double,and I needed a triple...I thought however,that some of the corner afts were JS's...

I know its not quite as good as deck 7 and up.But I would still take this over a regular balcony...well....Unless I was going to a JS or above.

It is so quite,and I loved the mostly panoramic view.We saw so many different things in port,and coming and going to port...That you don't always get on the side.I loved that we only had neigbors on the one side..and the fact that I could actually lay out,and take a nap out there.Also the table was great for coffee,breakfast and beverages..There was only one time I saw anyone out there...Very early one morning.Just remember to keep curtains closed when dressing or other things :D

Have a great trip...Eastern or Western?

I know its not quite as good as deck 7 and up.But I would still take this over a regular balcony...well....Unless I was going to a JS or above.

It is so quite,and I loved the mostly panoramic view.We saw so many different things in port,and coming and going to port...That you don't always get on the side.I loved that we only had neigbors on the one side..and the fact that I could actually lay out,and take a nap out there.Also the table was great for coffee,breakfast and beverages..There was only one time I saw anyone out there...Very early one morning.Just remember to keep curtains closed when dressing or other things :D

Have a great trip...Eastern or Western?

I agree - anything on the corner.

Ok, now my hubby wants to go and wants us to book the Royal Family Suite. It's located aft too. Has anyone booked it and if so is it worth it? We'll have five, with four being women so the two bathrooms will be needed for sure! He likes the idea of more room. Thanks!

Ok, now my hubby wants to go and wants us to book the Royal Family Suite. It's located aft too. Has anyone booked it and if so is it worth it? We'll have five, with four being women so the two bathrooms will be needed for sure! He likes the idea of more room. Thanks!

Oh Honey...If Hubby wants to book it...Its definitley worth it:D

I don't think...(ok,I have no idea really) thats on the corner...But I would give my (insert favorite ) for a RFS...:p

I stayed in 6388 on my last nagivator cruise. I loved the room. I would take this room over the same category on the sides. There are cabins above you and an extended deck on the back. I did not find this deck to get in the way at all. You cannot see straight down into the water with any of the voyager class aft cabins no matter what deck you are on. Unless you are against the railing of your balcony, those above you cannot see you. The only downside to this room if while you are are on the balcony you will hear the door on deck 5 (employee area) open and close a lot. So the chances you you sleeping on your balcony is slim. There is not much traffic inside the ship in this area, so you will not hear anything outside your stateroom door.

The room is much larger then other E1 rooms, as with the case of all the aft cabins. I would reccomend staying away fromthe corner afts on (i beleive it is) deck 8. They do not have sliding glass doors. Just a regular door and a small window. So you do not get much of a few while inside your cabin. Also we fit 2 loungers 1 small table and 2 chairs on our balcony with plenty of walking room.

Just to show my devotion to aft cabins I am in 1688 on my upcoming cruise. Also in regards to getting a suite, remember you get 2 cruise credits for booking any suite with RCCLs C&A program. And about feeling movement, the only movement we noticed was when the ship first started its engines you will feel a slight vibration for only a few minutes. It is all smooth sailing after that.

I too love the view from the balconies on the stern! For me it's not so much about having a larger balcony as much as I just LOVE the view of the wake. I love seeing all those beautiful blue colors churned up in the water. At night when the moon is shining the wake seems to sparkle! It's almost magical! I could watch it for hours!

Thank you KK Cruisin. We had originally booked #7388. My TA called later and said they were running a resident special and I could save $400 if I changed to a balcony guarantee. Never having had a balcony before, we decided we were happy as long as we had a balcony and took the offer. They assigned us to room #6388, so we got really lucky!

I was a little disappointed because I had heard not so good things about the cabin, but after seeing the pictures and hearing your good experience, I am getting so excited!!:D Thanks!

• 10 years later...