Recent Pictures of the Sun?

jerhardt

No one has pictures with the hull art on the Sun.

It hasn't been painted onto the ship yet.

The Sun is scheduled for a drydock next January, or at least there is a hole in the Sun's schedule which can be used for a drydock. At that time of the Sun's next drydock, it is safe to expect the hull art to be painted.

The only photo (actually a painting or photoshopped photo) of the Sun with the hull art is in the brochures you've seen.

Here it is:

sun_72.jpg

To add before someone claims NCL is misrepresenting the Sun with the photo, here's part of the press release NCL gave when they published this photo.

March 16, 2005 - Today at the Seatrade Cruise Shipping Conference in Miami Beach, NCL Corporation unveiled the designs for four more dynamic artwork designs for the hulls of two its new ships and two existing ships. Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Jewel and Pride of Hawai`i will all feature NCL’s signature colorful hull artwork. Cruise passengers will see Norwegian Jewel’s artwork in August when she is delivered, Norwegian Spirit’s artwork in October 2005 after her dry dock, Norwegian Sun’s artwork in April 2006 after her dry dock and Pride of Hawai`i will sail out of the shipyard with her artwork design in the summer of 2006.

Since the Sun will be in service throughout 2006, and the next hole in its schedule long enough for a dry-dock isn't until January 2007, I doubt it will have any hull art painted upon it this month.

The Star just finished an early dry-dock to fix its azipods, it's possible the Star bumped the Sun back. Also, since the Sun has continued to receive perfect CDC inspection scores of 100, NCL could set the dry-dock for the Sun back some.

I can hardly wait to see the Sun's hull art, but we must have patience.

Anyone have any current pictures of the Sun with the artwork that is showing in the brochures?

Thanks.

Grab your camera, wait until noon, look straight up and snap away. Then you will have the latest picture of the sun. :)

Grab your camera, wait until noon, look straight up and snap away. Then you will have the latest picture of the sun. :)

Man, that's original. I'm rolling on the floor laughing.:p

Did I read that correctly that the sun will be in drydock in April 2006, that is this month. When is it scheduled??

It's not this month, as it turns out. There is a hole in the Sun's schedule next January large enough to fit a drydock.

But then again, the Star was in an unplanned drydock last month, which was quickly scheduled last November for March 2006. Drydocks are usuallly scheduled a full year in advance. I don't think the Star used the Sun's drydock, but it probably used the set aside funds. So the Sun will probably use the Stars' set aside drydock funds early next year.

Did I read that correctly that the sun will be in drydock in April 2006, that is this month. When is it scheduled??
As electricron says, this is no longer true.

I think that April 2006 must have been the plan when the hull art was first announced. But there has been much water under the bridge since then. The date was first slipped to an unspecified date during autumn 2006, and now the current schedules have that hole between 7 January 2007 (return from the 31 December 2006 cruise) and 23 January 2007 (the start of a one-off 5-day cruise - possibly a post-drydock shakedown cruise?) which is exactly the sort of length of break that one would expect for a drydock.

As electricron says, this is no longer true.

I think that April 2006 must have been the plan when the hull art was first announced. But there has been much water under the bridge since then. The date was first slipped to an unspecified date during autumn 2006, and now the current schedules have that hole between 7 January 2007 (return from the 31 December 2006 cruise) and 23 January 2007 (the start of a one-off 5-day cruise - possibly a post-drydock shakedown cruise?) which is exactly the sort of length of break that one would expect for a drydock.

What if it rains in early January 2007? Then the dock will not be dry. :confused:

Archived