Positives/Negatives Early/Late Seating Zenith

FlyingJs

Hi,

We are going on the Zenith 7 night/Bermuda on june 10. I was wondering about the positives and negatives on the early and late dinner seatings. My family really enjoy the sit down dinners. Kids ages 11, 12, 14 love them and never eat off the kids menu. On our previous cruise on the Glory we found that the early seating suited us because it gave us a chance to get to the theater and get great seats for the shows. My wife and i love sushi though and we see that it is available at 6:00 pm on the Zenith. Kinda like the idea of haveing a bit of sushi before din din. And of course the later seating means your eating dinner till god knows when. Big question, when are the Shows? Will we be able to get decent seating at the shows with either dinner seating?

Thanks!

Zenith works very hard to accomidate everyone! The dinner times are 6:00pm and 9:00pm. Show times are 7:00pm for the late diners and 9:00pm for the main diners. We just got off the Zenith yesterday and it was the best vacation we've ever had!!! We haved cruised on Carnival and the Norwegien cruise lines. Celebrity has them both beat. Have a wonderful time!:)

If the children are involved with the childrens programs you would probably want early because the programs are most nights closed during early dinner. The kids would miss quality time in the programs if they had late dinner. Bermuda is a little different however then other cruises since you may leave the ship at any time. You might want to go ashore in the evening which you generally could not do in other islands.

Thanks for the replies! My kids generally don't get involved in the kids programs, they are pretty mature and I guess they think it's kids stuff so they tend to hang areound with us. Great info, I appreciate it and glad to hear you had such a great time!!

My wife and I prefer 1st seating for dinner. We eat early at home, and 1st most closely matches our habits.

We are not night people - early meal, early show, and early to bed.

Were we to try 2nd seating, I could imagine myself falling asleep during desert or at the show - disturbing fellow passengers with my snoring! No thank you.

It is a rare night that we are up past 10pm, if that late!

Archived