Picking a Cabin on the Crown Princess-Help?

cruzin2paradise

So, it looks like we'll be able to sail on the Crown Princess next summer (wooohoooooo :D ). DH and I have been looking at the cabins and we know for certain we will get a balcony (just the two of us). But, we don't know what cabin would be the "best." I know everyone has their own opinion as to what the "best" is, but I'd love to hear your opinions, but don't forget to give me the reason why you think the cabin is the best.

The decks and cabins I have down to choose from are:

Baja Deck:

B748 (AFT)

B749 (AFT)

B432, B433, B434 or B435

Caribe Deck:

C602, C601, C604, or C603

OR

Aloha Deck:

A602, A601, A604 or A603

One thing we don't want is a room that is an adjoining room. Seeing as how we're traveling alone, I don't like having that door in between (I'm a bit anal that way).

So, opinions are more than welcome, just tell me why you choose the deck & cabin so I can make up our (mine & DH's) minds better. And, I'll be ready with everything on the 15th!

Thanks!!!:D

We are doing a B2B on the Crown in January. We were lucky enough to get the Caribe Deck same cabin for both legs. We prefer the Caribe due to the larger balconies. Half is covered and the other half is open. If you look at the deck plans you can see that they are indeed larger. This will be our 3rd time on the caribe and you can get 2 recliners on them. They are not the topside sized recliners but you can lay out or snooze if you wish. Of course the more central you are the less motion you would feel, and the lower decks have less motion. Some prefer cabins close to the lifts, or closer to the action. Alot is personal preference, but for us the balcony size is a factor. Enjoy your cruise:D

If I were choosing a balcony cabin, I'd go for a BB category facing AFT. One, you get a large, covered balcony. Two, you are in an area where there isn't a lot of traffic outside in the passageway so it's nice and quiet. The only downside is that you'll get to experience the thrusters while in operation, but that's usually only for a few minutes when the ship is docking or leaving port.

You should consider C752 or C753 - they are both Aft BB (same cabin and balcony design as B748 or B749) BUT because they are adjacent to suites on one side, you do not get any cabin noise through the walls. Large, private covered balcony - overlooking the water, very quiet hallway since only your cabin and the adjacent suite are using it.

Not sure why you would be considering B432-435 - these balconies are much smaller than those on the Caribe deck or the AFT B748 or B749. Also the B432-435 cabins are right on a main hallway by stairs and elevators so there will be more traffic walking by.

My choice in order of preference would be:

C 752 or 753

B 748 or 749

any BB or BA on Caribe deck

Enjoy your cruise!

Way to much personal preference involved to label any cabin as the "best". I'll address one of your concerns ... I have never heard of any cabin on a Princess ship that has a common door between it and the next cabin. A section of the balcony divider can be opened by a crew member to form a common balcony if both parties ask for that.

My personal taste would have you take one of the Caribe deck cabins. A balcony that is 50% bigger than standard balcony (about 1/3 covered & 2/3 exposed) and central location of the cabins on your list are the strong points. These cabins have locations that will minimize your walking to any location on the ship.

Some people would just kill to have one of the aft Baja cabins. They just love to listed to the wake and they feel they have maximum privacy on their balcony for ... whatever.

Some people insist on having a fully covered balcony where people will have a difficult time seeing them or what they are doing while on their balconies. That would be a factor in favor of the Aloha & Baja deck cabins.

The Baja cabins amid-ship are too close to the elevators for me and may be noisey at times. However, they have a nice location and the cabins themselves are pretty good at keeping out hallway noise.

Enjoy!

It would help in making suggestions to know why you are considering the Aloha and Baja cabins (except for the Aft). One assumes that the reason for the Baja aft cabins and the Caribe cabins are the bigger balcony, althought perhaps that isn't the reason.

Actually, no reason (didn't even know the balconies were bigger on different decks), other than random "mid-ship" (sort of) cabins. It's probably the only thing I'm not super anal about. :p

Lets start with Aloha deck.... I Loved hearing "Aloha" on the elevator when we got off for our stateroom. Twice we had front and back. You are higher up. You might feel the movement more on this level. We didn't mind it at all... Didn't feel it at all. Except more in the back. Engine noise.

Your Aloha Deck:

A602, A601, A604 or A603

Are in perfect location. Not to far to the elevators.

We booked one of these rooms on the Baja deck since Aloha was booked already. I can not wait to see how staying in mid-ship will be like....

Baja Deck:

B748 (AFT)

B749 (AFT)

B432, B433, B434 or B435

The Aft cabins sound nice. Back of ship. But you do hear the engines. I don't know if you will back in the Baja deck area. Balcony doesn't have total views. Wall on the sides and will hinder your view. I stayed next to one of these cabins. The view was only straight out... No side views. Or only to one direction... Have to think about that.

Caribe Deck:

Are in a nice location. One thing the balconies are not covered. They are opened and people above can look down into your balcony area. Not private at all. Yes they are bigger. That is a plus, but you have to decide which do you want privacy or bigger balcony?

So, go with Aloha, mid ship. Getting to everything will be a pleasure.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Caribe Deck:

Are in a nice location. One thing the balconies are not covered. They are opened and people above can look down into your balcony area. Not private at all. Yes they are bigger. That is a plus, but you have to decide which do you want privacy or bigger balcony?

I love the Caribe deck. The people above you can't see you unless you are in the uncovered part and then guess what all we have to do is turn around and we can see everyone on their Aloha and Baja decks their not a private as you think.

With all your input and poor eyesight, my DH and I looked very hard again at the deck plans. We're a bit apprehensive now of the aft cabins, but not for any other reason than the fact that we won't be able to see the ship pulling into port (I know, if we're on the wrong side of the ship, we won't see either, but we have a better chance).

So, we are going to go with Caribe deck, either 610, 612 or 614 -- the reasons for this . . . these rooms aren't next to rooms that can accommodate up to 4 people (hey, we're not taking our kids, so I don't want to risk being next door) and there are not rooms directly across the hall and finally, these three rooms are between two different sets of stairs and not too far, but far enough, from the elevators.

Isn't it funny that those who have been on at least 2 or 3 cruises have to study deck plans to pick the perfect cabin? Those of us on our 1st or 2nd cruises didn't have a clue what we wanted 'cause we didn't have a clue.

Anyway, thank you all so much for your input. Your thoughts and opinions helped us really look at the plans and make a decision I think we'll be happy with. Now, if only the 15th were tomorrow and we could book . . . :cool:

Originally Post by CJH

I love the Caribe deck. The people above you can't see you unless you are in the uncovered part and then guess what all we have to do is turn around and we can see everyone on their Aloha and Baja decks their not a private as you think.

I am sorry if I offended you by your choice of stateroom. I was only giving info on how I see it. That's all. Staying in the above cabins, looking down, you can see the Caribe balcony. Check out webshot photos. Pictures show covered balcony above the Caribe and the Dolphin deck below (covered).

As for people looking into the Aloha and Baja, Rivera decks... Well, I do agree they are not totally private. But no one can look down nor up to see you.

Not to be selfish & jump in your space, but it seems like there are knowlegable folks here, I'm booked in June on the Crown BC A325...how is that room, kids are across the hall A327

Thanks alot!!!!

Not to be selfish & jump in your space, but it seems like there are knowlegable folks here, I'm booked in June on the Crown BC A325...how is that room, kids are across the hall A327

Thanks alot!!!!

We're all here for the same reason - we thirst & hunger for cruise information - ask away! ;)

Staying in the above cabins, looking down, you can see the Caribe balcony. Check out webshot photos. Pictures show covered balcony above the Caribe and the Dolphin deck below (covered).

Does anyone have a link to specific webshots photos showing the "view" from the decks? I'd love to check them out. THANK YOU!

Not sure what you're looking for, but these may give you a very general idea.

http://www.princessshutter.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/normal_212563148CpmBoc_ph.jpg

http://www.kodakgallery.com/suzycruisy/coral_princess_inspection

Does anyone have a link to specific webshots photos showing the "view" from the decks? I'd love to check them out. THANK YOU!

I am sorry if I offended you by your choice of stateroom. I was only giving info on how I see it. That's all. Staying in the above cabins, looking down, you can see the Caribe balcony. Check out webshot photos. Pictures show covered balcony above the Caribe and the Dolphin deck below (covered).

As for people looking into the Aloha and Baja, Rivera decks... Well, I do agree they are not totally private. But no one can look down nor up to see you.

You didn't offend me. I was pointing out that people think they have total privacy in the covered balconies and if you can look down and see people they can also see you by looking up.

As for the Caribe deck once you stay on it you will never go back to a balcony room on another deck. The balcony has the same amount covered but you also have the same amount uncovered giving you that not so crowded feeling and the chairs are better. The only time I even go to the open part is when we are pulling into the port.

Thanks alot!!!!

We had A337 & A341 on the CB in October & loved this location. We booked 2 more cabins (A526 & A530) on the Crown in December '06 on the Aloha deck again because we loved it so much. Unfortunately we couldn't get the same cabins or the same side of the ship, but it's still fairly midship. I think you will be very happy with the location of the rooms that you chose...Happy Sailing!

Archived