Favourite Crew Member

ladysadie

I would say, "Alex Forbes" the most proficient and delightful consierge we ever encountered. A true professional. He did it all with grace and charm!

I also would include Klaus Lugmaier who would be available any time of the day or night, and a Matre d from Impressions, Pasquale from the Dawn.

Ronald and Nelra, our cabin stewards on the Dream. They introduced themselves the first afternoon on the ship. Ronald was always cheerful and Nelra always greeted you with a warm smile. They did a great job with the cabin but the way they treated you was even better.

Although we've encountered countless wonderful staff members, there are a few truly memorable ones!

Luis Condreros (sp) - Majesty 2003 and 2004 Majesty

Carlo Santos - Cabin Steward 2003 Majesty

Donovan - waiter on Majesty 1999, 2002, 2003 and 2004!

Christian - Maitre'd - Dawn 2006

Denson and Cenon - Cabin Stewards Dawn 2006

and of course, Alex Forbes, Concierge Extraordinaire! :D

On the Jewel it was Inoyman(sp). He was at the pool area and it seemed he was waiting just for us!! On New Year's Eve, he was busy but took the time to find us and wish us a Happy New Year. Also our cabin stewards on the Jewel. I can't remember their names but hey were fantastic!!

There are so many from the Majesty, but I would have to say my favorite is D.J. Kim (Philippines) from the Cruise Director's staff. He had a way of making everyone feel at home. My daughter and I last cruised together in October, 2004. She and Kim met on that cruise, and after a seven month, long-distance romance, Kim came home and married my daughter a week later. Next month will be their first anniversary.

Although we've encountered countless wonderful staff members, there are a few truly memorable ones!

Luis Condreros (sp) - Majesty 2003 and 2004 Majesty

Carlo Santos - Cabin Steward 2003 Majesty

Donovan - waiter on Majesty 1999, 2002, 2003 and 2004!

Christian - Maitre'd - Dawn 2006

Denson and Cenon - Cabin Stewards Dawn 2006

an

d of course, Alex Forbes, Concierge Extraordinaire! :D

I'm with you WaldosPepper, we too have encountered so many top quality staff members over the years... however, looking at your list, I'm in total agreement with "Donovan". He's from Jamaica mon. Big, slow & forgetful but, always a joy! Hope to see him on the Majesty next week.

My current list (subject to change on my next cruise:D )

Klaus Lugmaier , Hotel Director - He is everywhere all the time - MBWA

Alex Forbes - Concierge like no other (Ruth is darn good as well)

Colin Kerr, CD - there is only one Colin:)

Mike Schakowssky - ACD - made Colin and Paul even better. (now a CD - great for him)

Christian Schagert, Maitre D - just made Impressions a delight

And still my all time favorite - Salvador - By chance he was our waiter on the Windward, our waiter on the Norway, our waiter on the Dreamward, and the head waiter on the Dream. My kids still talk about him. He was there first waiter and still their favorite as well.

NM Nita,

Santiago who had been a waiter on the Majesty was from the Dominican Republic. What a nice guy. When we sailed the Majesty for the fifth time last August, we asked to sit in his section of the dining room and were told that he had moved on to another ship. I think is was the Dream but I'm not sure.

Many of the crew members who had been on board for a long time had also moved on to other ships. The new crew was fine, but I did miss seeing some of the familiar faces from my past four sailings.

I have two favourite crew aboard NCL Crown.

Francia, who works in the Lido Bar in the mornings. She always greeted me with a smile and a freebee coffee or other drink and was a really great person to know and chat with, She does the summer months aboard NCL Majesty.

James, Safety Officer. Fantastic guy, ex Royal Navy and it was down to him that I got to spend an hour or so up on the bridge as we left Puerto Madryn, Argentina. We spent alot of time chatting, especially when we were in the Falklands as we both lost friends there in 1982, he was aboard HMS Ardent at the time and helped pick up casualties from a ship which I knew the captain of. James will be doing his summer season aboard NCL Jewel and he asked me what she was like as he hadn't been aboard her yet and I have.

Absolutely superb crew all round on NCL Crown, there wasn't anything they wouldn't do :):)

NM Nita,

Santiago who had been a waiter on the Majesty was from the Dominican Republic. What a nice guy. When we sailed the Majesty for the fifth time last August, we asked to sit in his section of the dining room and were told that he had moved on to another ship. I think is was the Dream but I'm not sure.

Many of the crew members who had been on board for a long time had also moved on to other ships. The new crew was fine, but I did miss seeing some of the familiar faces from my past four sailings.

thanks, you are right, now that I think about it. What do you think it would take to get him on the Sun starting next week? LOL

I'm with you WaldosPepper, we too have encountered so many top quality staff members over the years... however, looking at your list, I'm in total agreement with "Donovan". He's from Jamaica mon. Big, slow & forgetful but, always a joy! Hope to see him on the Majesty next week.

Breakfast in the Seven Seas, with Donovan as your waiter, is one of the finest ways to start the day! :D Donovan has an amazing ability to make you smile even before you've had your first sip of coffee, and the tone is set for the rest of the day. If he's still onboard, please tell him he's got some big fans in New Hampshire!!!!! ;)

I have to praise:

Maxi - our butler on the Jewel in Jan 06

Benji and Dana - our stewards on the same date.

They were gracious, helpful, friendly, always smiling, and always had or got what we needed quickly and cheerfully.

On our March 2006 sailing on the Spirit weloved Georgetta and Estelito waitress and assistant. We had Georgetta as a waitress at just about every meal. (we like to have the same waiter/waitress every night). She did breakfast and lunch in Windows and dinner in the Garden. Very wonderful. She knew everything thing that we would like. As soon as we sat down she got us iced tea and rolls (we don't like eating sliced bread). Joseph the maitre'd in Garden and the other Maitre'd in the Garden was good too very friendly.

On our March 2004 sailing on the Dawn it was Paul who worked in Impressions for dinner. And Victor who worked at the BLue Lagoon.

Archived