What do you do with personal items on swim excursion (single person)

02bthere

What/how does a single traveler keep track of their personal items at the beach, snorkeling, etc. - assuming the person takes a minimum amount of identification, money, and change of clothes. This question presumes no lockers available at beach or on boat to snorkel/dive site. Thanks for anyone's input/experience. (Area of travel would be Western Caribbean, if that helps).

I have a beach bag and put a disposable camera (waterproof if snorkling), my snorkle (I don't rent that, just the fins), bottle of water and maybe a towel. I wear a t-shirt and shorts over my swim suit. I take a water wallet (hard, waterproof case on a cord, found at sporting goods shops) and it holds my credit card (for emergency use), cash, and my ship's card. I never put anything of value in my bag.

Thank you so much! I had forgotten about those little boxes...after a search and reviewing all the sizes now available, I went with one from Witz, called a Hip Safe. It's like a fanny pack, but it's a hard case, waterproof and big enough for larger items. My theory was: the Hip Safe can go ashore with me if I'm doing the beach, shopping, dining, all in one day and keep my hands free; where the smaller Surfsafe's and Keep it Safe's are only big enough for a few very small items (credit card, $, that's about it) and they have a lanyard and when swimming/diving it could come off my neck (they float)...Again, thank you so much for the idea!!:)

What/how does a single traveler keep track of their personal items at the beach, snorkeling, etc. - assuming the person takes a minimum amount of identification, money, and change of clothes. This question presumes no lockers available at beach or on boat to snorkel/dive site. Thanks for anyone's input/experience. (Area of travel would be Western Caribbean, if that helps).

We have asked our beach "neighbors" who are normally off the ship too (we recognize them by their towels) if they would mind watching our stuff. They usually agree. ;)

I've never had a problem when I've been on the Catamarans. Just put everything in a bag,tuck it under a seat or in a corner out of the way, and go snorkling. I did the beach thing once and just asked the nieghbors to keep an eye on it. I rhink the only time you have to worry is when the beaches are overrun by the natives selling their stuff.

Archived