Has anyone used cruiseshippers.com??

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever used cruise shippers http://www.cruiseshippers.com ?

I like the concept and may use them for my Rhapsody cruise in the summer celebrating my birthday and that of my dw.

This will be my 8th cruise but I have never used them and thought it would be wise to see if any of you very knowledgable folks have an opinion or past experience good or bad.

I have not done my research like finding out just how much my bags weigh so I have an idea of the actual price yet.

I guess that could be quite a range considering previous post about how many shoes people take, etc. (LOL).

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Charlie

I wish I had thought of that. We just got back and I figure it would have cost me about $220.00. I don't know if I would pay that for the service but if you are traveling the day of departure you would at least have piece of mind knowing your bags will get there. As it was AA left one of our bags in Chicago and I didn't get it until 1:30PM the next day. Put a damper on my wanting to be in the ship early.

WOW!! I just checked their web site. I think for that price, I'll deal with my luggage myself. That could be $300-400 EACH WAY!!

I certainly do like the concept tho.

We normally don't pack a lot (would probably ship 2 large pullmans) but I would pay a reasonable amount to just have to take a carry on a garment bag and overnighter at the airport.

I agree it could be pricey but won't have a problem with pickup 7 days early since 2 nights will be tux and gowns and my wife and I both wear business suits to work so packing our casual dress won't be a problem. May have to buy some underwear though. (I just know someone is going to give me an interesting alternative here, after all I will be on vacation LOL).

Thanks for the replies so far, I will keep watching.

Charlie

This sounds like a great service! Travelling with a child has increased the number of bags we carry on trips exponentially. I've recently looked into luggage transportation services such as http://www.usxpluggageexpress.com or http://www.sportsexpress.com for non-cruise trips after reading last week's Wall Street Journal article mentioning using one such service to cut down on lugging everything when travelling with little ones. But I didn't realize there was a service that can take care of getting your bags onto a cruise ship and also off load them in a special area after customs! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. And the prices charged here seems much better than the other two services I've looked at.

TReven,

I didn't do the math yet but if it is that much I'll carry my own bags onto the shuttle and give them to the sky cap, etc.

I guess I just don't realize how much my packed luggage weighs, those wheels really make it feel lighter than carrying the old samsonite hard sides.

Thanks again everyone for responding.

Charlie

but things like the snorkel gear, beach towels, or bulky stuff would be great! It doen't take a bag long to get over 50 lbs and charged $25 extra!

I was thinking of try to ship my "extras" before our next cruise!

Thanks for the link!

Jacquelyn :D

I am a bit distrustful about a company when I find nothing written up about it yet it claims to have been in service for 10 years. When I was researching the other luggage transportation services such as Luggage Express and Sports Express, I was able to find many reputable articles about them, even though some were dated. I can find nothing via online search about Cruiseshippers except for their own ads.

I agree, that was the main reason for my post.

I have a lot of respect for the crusie critic members and the collected knowledge on this board, having been a member for several years, and it seems as if no one has ever used this company before.

I certainly would never give them my luggage (let alone my credit card info) without several good references and if we don't hear from anyone who has used them and been satisfied I think it would be far to risky to try them no matter how good and convenient the concept is.

Charlie

The cheapest would be $67.50 for a 50 lb bag. ouch! 1 bag.

Most airlines allow 2 checked bags @50 lb each = 100 plus a carryon that might be around 35 lb. 135 lb of cloths & stuff is a heck of a lot.

Whatever floats your boat.

I know I have traveled by myself and had the 2 large bags, 1 roll aboard and the largest handbag you have ever seen. I managed it all myself too. This wasn't for a cruise but to visit the grandchildren and you know how much stuff you have to take to Virginia for a bunch of displaced homesick Southern Californians. One suitcase alone held nothing but grocery items. lol. ok, ok I'm getting rambely, but what I am trying to say, is that a person can schleep quite a lot by themselves. If I ever have to do it again though, I think I will use curbside check in.

The cheapest would be $67.50 for a 50 lb bag. ouch! 1 bag.

Most airlines allow 2 checked bags @50 lb each = 100 plus a carryon that might be around 35 lb. 135 lb of cloths & stuff is a heck of a lot.

Whatever floats your boat.

I know I have traveled by myself and had the 2 large bags, 1 roll aboard and the largest handbag you have ever seen. I managed it all myself too. This wasn't for a cruise but to visit the grandchildren and you know how much stuff you have to take to Virginia for a bunch of displaced homesick Southern Californians. One suitcase alone held nothing but grocery items. lol. ok, ok I'm getting rambely, but what I am trying to say, is that a person can schleep quite a lot by themselves. If I ever have to do it again though, I think I will use curbside check in.

So, 135# at $4+/lb comes to... each way!

Archived