Anyone else read about this in the news?

pppiglet

Ashley Barnett died on the Carnival Pride in October 2005. It's been in all the news today. Why not sooner? Are they just trying to jump on the cruise ship bashing band wagon? Not to say I don't feel bad for her family, but again just looking at clips from the video it looks like booze and drugs involved.

Ashley Barnett died on the Carnival Pride in October 2005. It's been in all the news today. Why not sooner? Are they just trying to jump on the cruise ship bashing band wagon? Not to say I don't feel bad for her family, but again just looking at clips from the video it looks like booze and drugs involved.

maybe we can match the number of jean threads:confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=327364

Did you do a search because Serene56 posted it already;)

I did a search and it wasn't there. If you look at the time we posted at the same time....sorry!

Boy you all are quick to judge today! hee hee

Hee hee, you suck at searching, Serene posted at 11:30am today yours was later then 5pm hee hee

maybe we can match the number of jean threads:confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=327364

Sorry mrdood....I truely missed it. I am a searcher, I swear! :D Please tell me how to make it go away and I will. It wouldn't let me delete it! Or everyone please ignore it so it fades away! I don't want competition with the jeans threads!

I saw this story on AOL video and came here to see the discussion. Usually I hang out on the RCI section, where the Smith case has been discussed forever, and I wanted to see how the Carnival people reacted to this bogus story.

The 25 yr old and her boyfriend brought illegal strong drugs onto the ship and she OD'd while they were partying in her room. The Carnival people called in the Mexican police who tok her body to the morgue. The boyfriend continued on with the ship instead of saying with her body.

I am reciting this from memory so might have some small details wrong.

I fail to see how this has anything to do with the ship at all. They decided to do drugs in the cabin (methadone) and she OD'd right there. She and the BF were adults and made bad decisions which cost her her life. Nobody's fault but their own.

The ship notified the family right away. If they have a beef it should be with the Mexican authorities who had the body and the coroner's report. More BS from the plaintiff bar.

Hee hee, you suck at searching, Serene posted at 11:30am today yours was later then 5pm hee hee

You are correct mrdood and you are fast. Faster than I could edit it to correct my mistake. :D Love you still anyways!

I guess I'm forced to watch the news tonight to see what this is all about. I didn't know anything about anybody dying until just now while reading this thread. How sad.

With my husband working in Iraq I never watch the news. I'd be addicted to ***** if I did.

You are correct mrdood and you are fast. Faster than I could edit it to correct my mistake. :D Love you still anyways!

Just remember, RoodDood will get you:p I have actually been called out in two threads today because people thought it was not me because I was actually nice -

...you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time for me to be me:D

As I remember in the article, the family is absolutely insistent that their daughter had never done drugs. Some friends said she would always leave if people around her began partying, so they are insistent that something is fishy here. Of course, they believe Carnival is not being forthright with the facts.

I found it VERY odd that the loving boyfriend continued on the cruise without her!:confused:

Just remember, RoodDood will get you:p I have actually been called out in two threads today because people thought it was not me because I was actually nice -

...you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time for me to be me:D

Funny! :D And such a nice looking Dood too! (I clicked on your pics!)

My understanding is that methodone the drug used to break heroin users of their addiction. If I remember correctly from my drugs and behavior class, its viewed as the lesser of two evils...however, methodone is also addictive.

I'm not familiar with methodone being used as a recreational drug...only as a substitute (for lack of a better word) for heroin addiction.

Kinda makes you wonder...

My understanding is that methodone the drug used to break heroin users of their addiction. If I remember correctly from my drugs and behavior class, its viewed as the lesser of two evils...however, methodone is also addictive.

I'm not familiar with methodone being used as a recreational drug...only as a substitute (for lack of a better word) for heroin addiction.

Kinda makes you wonder...

Yes you got it right, and thats what I was told, to even be using it only means that this person was getting treatment for heroin.

I know this is off subject. But SOME PEOPLE like MR. DOODOO are royally getting on my last nerve with their flaming of people. Get off of your high horse Mr. Dood or take a chill pill.

I used to like to come on and learn all I could about cruising, but the fun is definitely going out of these boards.

:mad: thecountess

I feel bad for that girl's family, but I know there's a lot more to the story especially since you've confirmed what I had learned.

And as the mother of a 13-year-old, it's good to know that someone won't be trying to tempt her with methodone...

That probably didn't make any sense whatsoever...I think I should get some sleep now.

Night!

Archived