Tipping suggestions..

This is our first cruise and we have read the info on what to tip all the members of the crew in our cruise documents. What are any suggestions that you all may have? Do you tip over and above what is suggested? How do you prefer to tip..on the credit card account you set up or in cash at the end of the trip? Thanks for the help!

Method of tipping is your individual preference; they will get the money either way. I always tip in cash, because I ask myself: In THEIR position, which would I prefer? To me, CASH is KING.

I have tipped at recommended levels, and I have tipped more. I find that USUALLY RC employees go above and WAY beyond, and make my cruise fabulous.

Our tipping guidelines follow the suggested amount from the cruise line.

We then adjust it upward for the service that we get.

We also have tipped extra to select bar staff for their attentive service (dining room - DW loves those little after dinner liquors - wine steward, etc.)

We normally pay our tips in cash...that way I KNOW that they correct person got what I intended.

Best Regards and have fun!

We also tip a minimum of the suggested amount. However, on all 11 cruises we have been on, we felt the service we received deserved more and have always tipped an additional amount. Have always tipped in cash except on Carnival who automatically added it to our bill (but we still gave an additional cash amount in an envelope).

I like to be able to provide them their gratuity personally. When we receive really great service from bar waiters or others on board, we tip an amount near the end of the cruise also.

Archived