Air with Priceline.com

wogg88

Hi all,

We are book on the Crown in November and I have a ? about airfare

I just booked my airfare with priceline. I was wondering ,since the flight is with 2 airline do they change your baggs from one to the other or do we have to go get them and do it ourselves. I have plenty of time to change our flights if we need to but I would like to put my mind to rest.:confused: :confused:

I put this post on the cruise air board also. Thought I would put it here as well.

Thanks,

Paul

The airlines will transfer your luggage between flights as long as they have an agreement with each other.

For example, SouthWest Airlines, does not have agreement with any airline, and they won't transfer any luggage.

I'd call the airlines that you have reservations with and just verify they will transfer luggage.

So many airlines these days share flights, so I don't think it will be a problem. But I'd check, better safe than sorry!

Just to be safe, back a change of clothing and personal items in your carryon incase your luggage gets lost. If THAT happens, give your wife the credit card and tell her to shop til her hearts content!

The above poster (MiBoater) is correct - if you post your 2 airlines, maybe someone can let you know from their experiences.

I have used United and AA and they did transfer the bags for me.

Priceline shouldn't be booking any flights between airlines that don't have an interline agreement. If your "E ticket" shows both flights as a single E ticket, you're fine. If you have two separate tickets, one for each flight, you may have a problem. If it is booked as a single ticket, then the airline is responsible for getting you to your final destination even if an earlier flight cancels. On the other hand, if you book one ticket as RT to JFK, and another ticket as RT JFK to, say, Amsterdam, and the first carrier doesn't get you to JFK in time to take the second flight, you're stuck.

Archived