RC Charges

Just got off the phone with my brother. He warned me to double check our credit bill for when we were on RC in March. He was charged for more than his last bill had stated. :eek: After talking to him and I check our last RC bill and notice the last four digits of our credit card was not the same as on the bill. To make a long story short RC put our charges on his card and not ours. We checked in at the same time and yes, we both gave our credit cards. (Even put it on the on-line set sail pass) Has any one had this problem? How hard is it for RC to credit my DB's card and charge mine? Paying my DB right now is not an option. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

lol I told my DB it was nice of him to pay the bill. :D

My advice would be wait until Monday morning and call. I can't guess how hard it will be. You definitely will need to have your brother's Credit Card number. In fact he may need to call himself, or be on the phone with you to get it all straightened out. I would definitely advise patience though as not every CSR rep is the greatest.

don't see why he can't just write a check and either send it to you or send it to your credit card company. Calling the cruiseline to get this straightened out is probably going to be a lot more trouble than you want.

Just got off the phone with my brother. He warned me to double check our credit bill for when we were on RC in March. He was charged for more than his last bill had stated. After talking to him and I check our last RC bill and notice the last four digits of our credit card was not the same as on the bill. To make a long story short RC put our charges on his card and not ours. We checked in at the same time and yes, we both gave our credit cards. (Even put it on the on-line set sail pass) Has any one had this problem? How hard is it for RC to credit my DB's card and charge mine? Paying my DB right now is not an option. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

lol I told my DB it was nice of him to pay the bill. [/quote

I think they owe the brother the money. ;)

I would just pay your brother and NOT mess around with the cruise line. That could really turn into a messy situation.

Have your brother call his credit card company and dispute the charges. After all, your brother didn't authorize your charges to be put on his card. Or to make it easier, just pay your brother the amount due, I don't see how this is not an option, since you would have had to pay your bill anyway.

Is it a RCI credit card? Then I could understand your not wanting to pay your brother...he would get all your points!

If its your charges on the credit card and you can't pay anyway why not get a check from your credit card and pay him directly(most of the time you can't use a credit card check to pay another credit card) Its your bill and you will have to pay it sometime. Such a check is an advance and interest will be charged from the day it clears. But to put both the CC company and the cruise line through this when you know its yours is awaste of everyones time.

Archived