How to get form Central Rome to Port?

avalon1025

Hi all,

I will be taking the Legend form Rome to Monte Carlo, I will also be staying in Rome a few days before the cruise. Can anyone assist in how a single person can get to the port from central Rome without paying the $340 Seabourn wants? Any idea how much a cab costs, any other transportation means?

Many thanks!

JT

you can hire one of many car services for probably $100 to $150. This is very convenient and comfortable. They will pick you up at your hotel and de;iverr you right to the ship. If you check CC under ports, mediterranean you will find several recommendations for drivers and car services in Rome.

Hi “Avalon”:

We are finalizing the formalities for our Spirit cruise as well. Two years ago, we utilized the services of “Bob's Limousine” to take us from the port of Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport.

We were picked up in a Mercedes Sedan at the agent rate of 115 Euros (cash, +4% for credit card) plus driver tip. http://www.romelimousines.com/

We were very happy with the service/cost and plan on using them again to get from our Rome hotel to the dock this coming August. Seabourn quoted me $170.00 per person for a straight hotel/pier transfer (no lunch, hospitality suite, etc).

Ciao,

Adolfo & Allison

Hi James:

We are leaving Rome, August 12th (7-days Rome~Athens) but spending two weeks in Italy prior to the cruise at the old homestead.

Received a quote from "Bob" today, a "Mercedes Luxury Sedan for 145,00 Euros for 2 persons and luggage, +5% for CC, +Tip"

Ciao,

Adolfo & Allison

Hi Adolfo,

All set with Bob, 145 Euros (Mercedes Sedan), much more "digestable" than the $340 Seabourn wanted...many thanks for the contact!

Sailing QM2 on June 9th to London, flying to Rome for a few days then on the Legend from Rome to Monte Carlo (we go to Sicily where my mom is from), a few days on the Riviera and then back to London for a show or two and then home...can't tell you how much I am looking forward to finally getting back on Seabourn!

Have a great time on the Spirit. I'll take lots of photos of the updated Legend!

James

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our trip and read this thread, it is too late for you now but for anyone else doing a search it may be useful to know that you can get a train from the Central termini in Rome to Civvitavechia for under 10 Euros. So if you can handle your own luggage on and off the train this is the way to go. It was a very pleasant journey and was so easy! You get off the train In Civv..... and it is a about 100 yards to the port gate!

Kathryn

Go to WWW.a-t-s.net

It is easy and not too expensive to book a transfer in Europe here.

We've tried it several times and will do so again this year.

Thanks for the tip Seabourn-nail! I checked it out and have booked, paid and received my transportation voucher for my transfer from the Malaga airport to the Byblos Andaluz Hotel for the Legend Nov. Crosssing.

I've also booked a few transfers with them already for our upcoming cruises! I'm sure you will like the Byblos Hotel in Mijas! We will also be on the November Legend crossing and will stay in our apartment in Fuengirola before the cruise. From there we can see Mijas! See you on board!

One word of caution about using the trains in Italy: They go on strike about every few days. Not all at once. No notice. No particular reason that anyone understands. There have been many (and I do mean many) people that have missed their ships, including mid-cruise, because of the snap strikes.

When they run the trains are great, but I don't think they are worth the hassle.

One word of caution about using the trains in Italy: They go on strike about every few days. Not all at once. No notice. No particular reason that anyone understands. There have been many (and I do mean many) people that have missed their ships, including mid-cruise, because of the snap strikes.

When they run the trains are great, but I don't think they are worth the hassle.

I, too, was warned off using the train for that particular journey due to strikes and general unreliability of the trains. Preferred to use a taxi which although more expensive than the train was about half of what Seabourn was quoting! Think you must have been lucky Kathryn!

Archived