Carnival Cocktails

PineappleGal

I had seen a cocktail called a "Bushwhacker" on a similar thread as this a few weeks back. It sounded so yummy!!! I've been wanting one ever since! But I don't go out much and party so haven't had a chance to try and order one. Soooo.....this afternoon I'm in the grocery store and decide to get the stuff to make one. Am sitting here sipping it now...and let my tell you...it is GOOD!!! Here's the recipe I used:

2 oz Kahlua

1 oz Black Rum

1 oz Creme De Cacao (recipe said DARK de cacao, but I couldn't find dark)

4 oz milk or 1/2 & 1/2

4 oz creme of coconut

2 cups ice

Blend well and enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Pineapple gal, I just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread!!! When I was planning my cruise this was one of the most fun tips to read about. After reading your thread I ordered this cocktail book for myself and my friend and it helped us to try different cocktails on the ship. We picked a different one every day. We also make them at home when we get together on the weekends. Thanks again!!!

Lori:o

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm SOO looking forward to trying LOTS of new drinks onboard the Sensation in less than a week. Ive got weird allergies though: can't have bananas or ameretto :( or gin

Make sure you ask what's in the foo-foo drinks hon....several of them had amaretto. Actually....if I were you...when you first go onboard go to one of the quieter bars and tell them what your allergic to...then have them circle which drinks you can't have on the drink list.

Bon Voyage and have fun!

Make sure you ask what's in the foo-foo drinks hon....several of them had amaretto. Actually....if I were you...when you first go onboard go to one of the quieter bars and tell them what your allergic to...then have them circle which drinks you can't have on the drink list.

Bon Voyage and have fun!

That's a great idea! My fiancee' is the "official allergy watcher" and promises to talk to the bartender before giving me any drink to MAKE SURE there isn't anything I'm allergic too. I also have more food allergies than those I listed here and know to give the head waiter a list of the things I'm allergic to, to help with menu selection. Trust me, eating out is a pain!

That's a great idea! My fiancee' is the "official allergy watcher" and promises to talk to the bartender before giving me any drink to MAKE SURE there isn't anything I'm allergic too. I also have more food allergies than those I listed here and know to give the head waiter a list of the things I'm allergic to, to help with menu selection. Trust me, eating out is a pain!

Then it may be well worth it ,

to order the book for yourself :)

FUNSHIP SPECIAL A.K.A THE FUN SHIP

1 fl oz Finlandia Vodka

1 1/2 fl oz Bacardi Light Rum

1/4 fl oz De Kuyper - Apricot Brandy

1/4 fl oz De Kuyper - Amaretto

6 fl ozs Fruit Punch

Blend all ingredients together, pour over ice and garnish with orange slice and cherry

Hmmm. Wonder how this would taste using the fruit punch from the lido buffet? ;)

Here is a drink that is definately good on a hot day. We call it a Coolys Cooler. It was a drink they made where my wife worked at years ago.

Easy to make, just hard to find flavored Brandy.

Made in a Chimney Glass.

1 shot if either Peach or Apricot Brandy(DW prefers Apricot)

1/2 7up 1/2 OJ

Float of Sour.

Since most Cruise Ships do not have flavored Brandy you might have to smuggle some. Not that I condone that. LOL

I had seen a cocktail called a "Bushwhacker" on a similar thread as this a few weeks back. It sounded so yummy!!! I've been wanting one ever since! But I don't go out much and party so haven't had a chance to try and order one. Soooo.....this afternoon I'm in the grocery store and decide to get the stuff to make one. Am sitting here sipping it now...and let my tell you...it is GOOD!!! Here's the recipe I used:

2 oz Kahlua

1 oz Black Rum

1 oz Creme De Cacao (recipe said DARK de cacao, but I couldn't find dark)

4 oz milk or 1/2 & 1/2

4 oz creme of coconut

2 cups ice

Blend well and enjoy!

OMG......cant print this fast enough

Need to keep an eye on this one; but I'm not sailing until January!:(

Can't wait to try that Kiss on the Lips. The Funship Special sounds like it would put me to sleep for the night (I'm a real lightweight). I LOVED the BBCs on RCI--wonder if they are as good on Carnival.

PineappleGal--see you're in Albany--wave to my son in Troy for me, he's at RPI!

Robin

Haven't tried the Kiss on the Lips but it sounds good.

Sounds good? Based on what? The previous poster only said the name, nothing about what is in it.

I can say this based on the name: It may be the greatest drink ever, but us guys will be too chicken to order it with a name like that!;)