Switch from a D2 Balcony to an E2 Hump cabin

I am sailing on the AOS and have a 7th floor balcony (port and aft), but I noticed a 6th floor hump cabin (starboard, midship) is now available. Is it worth switching to the hump, even though it is on the 6th deck with the metal balcony? Thanks.

when I saw the pics of the metal around the 6th deck on Explorer, I about had a fit...no way would I choose that deck now having seen it...not sure if AOS has metal or not, but if so, I'd personally not change from deck 7 aft.

I have taken several cruises on the Explorer, always on the Hump and I love that cabin. Is close to the elevators, but you wont feel it. And been a litlle further out on your balcony, gives you a better view. I'm taking the Freedom in Sep and I have a hump cabin also. I won't cruise on any other,,,,,

Hope this helps...

I have taken several cruises on the Explorer, always on the Hump and I love that cabin. Is close to the elevators, but you wont feel it. And been a litlle further out on your balcony, gives you a better view. I'm taking the Freedom in Sep and I have a hump cabin also. I won't cruise on any other,,,,,

Hope this helps...

Have you had the hump on deck 6, bec/I cannot imagine chossing that hump on deck 6 with all that steel for a balcony with more glass. As someone told me that stayed on deck 6, said you have to stand really to have a good view since so much steel blocks the view...here's a pic of it from Bonnie's photos...looks like nothing more then an outside cabin with open air instead of closed in. OP, you can be the judge if youi'd want the deck 6 hump, this is what it looks like.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/1064797841036355651TrFeka

As best as I can remember, ALL cabins on the Explorer have steel balconies, no glass so they are all about the same.

We were on the Explorer in the center of the hump, deck 6, and loved it. We liked it so well we booked the same cabin this year on the Mariner. We really look forward to this balcony since the Mariner's balconies are glass.

Tim & Crystal

They all have about the same amount of steel and glass/railing on Voyager class ships except the Mariner and Navigator. All have bottom half steel and top half glass except deck 6 has a railing instead of glass.

Check out this pic of a voyager class, and it is higher than deck 6.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/502526708/1502528099064582528qeQvhX

They all have about the same amount of steel and glass/railing on Voyager class ships except the Mariner and Navigator. All have bottom half steel and top half glass except deck 6 has a railing instead of glass.

Check out this pic of a voyager class, and it is higher than deck 6.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/502526708/1502528099064582528qeQvhX

Yes, the pic you've posted is deck 7 and higher balconies on Explorer...the one I posted is deck 6...so big difference in view...not "enclosed" by steel. :)

The good thing about the steel part is the privacy...I didn't have to be dress up to sit down on the balcony and enjoy a drink...And the people in the next cabin won't be able to see you so easily, as well as when you are in port...

But, that's just my opinion....

Archived