What movie would you most like to watch on your next cruise?

Luv2CruiseHal

What movie would you most like to watch on your next cruise?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What movie would you most like to watch on your next cruise?

• The Perfect Storm
    • Titanic
    • Das Boot
    • The Poseidon Adventure
    • Lifeboat

I normally don't watch any movies while on the ship. Heck, I'm not even a big movie goer at home. It's just not my thing.

But, I think if they were showing the Poisenden Adventure in the Wajung Theater, I might make plans to attend. :)

I think a Love Boat marathon would be neat too. Have one day where all day long there are old Love Boat reruns showing on the big screen ... and better still, on the in-cabin TV's. I'd definitely plan to take in some of them.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I think a Love Boat marathon would be neat too. Have one day where all day long there are old Love Boat reruns showing on the big screen ... and better still, on the in-cabin TV's. I'd definitely plan to take in some of them.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I have to compare this to be you being dragged to a Dr. Who convention on 3 hours sleep. :eek:

The only thing worse would be a Brady Bunch marathon. :rolleyes:

H'bout a "Nanny" marathon with Fran what's her name?:eek: That voice is like nails down a chalk board

My blood is running cold !

How about some Osborne reruns ? :eek: I dont' think I would ever turn on the TV.

No one has mentioned "An Affair to Remember".

I like to watch first run movies on a cruise, preferably in a movie theater, not a lounge with a large screen.

On a recent big band theme cruise several big band movies were on the ship's TV movie channel. That was nice.

Although the choices are decent I have to go with Pirates of the Caribbean. I kinda like the idea of Love Boat reruns. I mean one wouldn't HAVE to watch them.

Generally, we don't go to movies on the ship, but we did two cruies over 30 days last fall and we did watch some flicks on those.

Blue skies ...

--rita

That would be cool...but wouldn't a Love Boat marathon make the most sense on a Princess cruise?

Hi All,

I do agree about viewing cruising style movies onboard a ship during a cruise. There is a difference from what you are experiencing onboard this ship to what is being viewed on the screen. I personally enjoy watching the incabin movies when there is a low time during the cruise or during the day. I know being on a ship cruising who would want to stay inside and watch tv with all that ship and sun outside. I personally haven't sat in the movie theater yet and watched a whole movie.

PS.... I do admit to stealing bags of Popcorn from the table for cabin use, sorry.

Love Boat Marathon would be a #1 on the screen in the incabin tv. Sometimes we find some of the movies shown incabin are of mixed quality. I would prefer Turner Classic Style movies.

I really don't wish to watch disaster movies of shipping like Titanic, P.A., Lost Voyage etc....

Just saw the Out to Sea movie on NYC Cable Channel last night. Really interesting to see it again, again and again. This Westerdam was the previous version before the current Vista Class - Westerdam now in service HAL. I know when my parents were on the old Westerdam, its last year of service, and all onboard got a kick seeing this movie as one of the primary theater movies shown onboard. Everyone was excited about it even the staff.

Let's see what others have to say.....

Regards,

:) ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

Lifeboat would be a great choice. I love Hitchcock films:)

Also Abandon Ship with Tyrone Power, another lifeboat survival film .

No one mentioned "Voyage of the Damned". Even though it is a rather depressing film.

Hey at least they got to stay on the ship wayyyyyyyy after the actual cruise was over. No disembarkation blues or Post Cruise Stress Disorder. :)

I would concider watching a movie while the ship was tied up in Naples Italy :D Beats the "Hey-Joes" outside "Fleet Landing":D On second thought, using the other ship board areas while everyone else is ashore works as well.

Hey Chief,

"Fleet Landing", Naples... now that brings back memories. We used to call it the "Armpit of Italy" back then ('68)... god it stunk, but man, it was cheap there, a GaZillion Lira for 1 Dollar;).

Archived