So close I can almost taste the salt water...

twinkletoes204

I just had to come on here and get myself excited...again. :D

Sailing out May 20th with RCI for my 1st cruise and I'm basically freaking out with happiness. I think my bf is sick of me constantly reminding him...everyday...that we are going soon. Yeah right...he's just as excited!

Got my passport in, like, 4 weeks - so that was great. Now I just have to fill out the online stuff and stop myself from doing the 1st prelim. packing over the weekend. hehe. Alas...I keep reminding myself though that I won't be going on any vacations if I don't graduate college first! Ugh...my priorities are all out of whack! :) Oh well...36 DAYS!!! :D

Twinkle, have a great cruise. That first cruise is always the most exciting. Just wait though, you will want to go on many more cruises once you have tasted that first one.;)

Marilyn

Many of us have gone through the exact same feelings here :) .

Keep on reading the boards (after your study time is done ;) ), we'll all "listen" to you, we never, ever get tired of it.

Instead of packing, make yourself a detailed packing list and try on your clothes one more time!

Twinkletoes:

We're all here to help you keep your priorities straight.:D

Numero uno: Keep the studies up and get that diploma. What college do you attend and when is graduation? We're here to root you on and help celebrate that degree!:)

#2 Don't sweat the packing and don't start packing too early or you will take three times more than you need to.

#3 As Happy KS said, keep on reading these boards (but not while you are supposed to be studying) and soak up as much info as you can.

#4 Relax and enjoy your first cruise. If you are already this excited about your first cruise you are already half-way to being hooked to a very enjoyable addition.:eek:

Dianne

I was exactly the same! You will have a fabulous time.

Here's my tip on channelling that nervous/excited energy: Write down everything you're bringing. Then update/change as you go along. It's fun to see the list take shape and grow and change. I crossed things off with highlighters when they went into the suitcase- then I knew I was done & ready.

Smooth Sailing!

Twinkletoes,

So you can smell the salt air too I bet??? LOL. Once you cruise and come back, you will relive it in your mind. You can be sitting at home watching tv and all of the sudden your brain is reliving a walk on the deck, sitting around the pool, whatever. This happens to me and I haven't sailed for 19 months. In the middle of winter my mind goes back to sitting in the warm sunshine around the pool on board and hearing the island music that was played. You will have these memories and more. And you won't rest until you book another cruise!!!

Just to reiterate all that everyone has said before. I remember the excitement from my first cruise. We leave on our next cruise on Tuesday. I think I'm more excited this time than my first cruise! It only gets better from here. Have a great cruise and all the best on the cruises to come.

Our family will be doing our first cruise in June, and when I read your post, you remind me of myself right now!! We booked last June, so for the past year I've been thinking about it, but now that I've started buying things to wear, and making packing piles in my bedroom, it all seems more real to me now. We should be getting our cruise documents in the mail in a couple of weeks!

My poor husband is probably getting so sick of hearing about it by now, but I know he's getting just as excited, because he's beginning to talk a little about it now, too.

I've been cutting and pasting from the lists of what to bring, so I should be very prepared. Thanks for all the great info everyone!!

Enjoy your cruise, Twinkle!!

Thanks everyone!!

I absolutely don't know where I would be if it wasn't for this board!! I love coming on here and getting all of these helpful tips. My bf thinks I am a nerd...but hey...I'll be prepared.

:D :D My one month countdown has started!! :D :D

This will be our sons (age 11 twins) first cruise!! It's been 12 years for DH and I! I sent my kids on a very special Easter Egg hunt on Sunday!! :D

They had no idea that we were going!! They went from one clue to the next and finally figured it out, their last clue was a bike ride to my parents were they found out that they were coming too!!! We are now all jumping out of our skins with excitement!!! Here we come RCCL Mariner, 24 days but who is counting!! Thanks for all your tips, I am hooked!!!

• 2 weeks later...

To everyone taking a "first" cruise.......This pre-cruise anticipation is a part of the journey believe it or not!! Enjoy it.....soak it all in......pack, unpack, repack, add some more!! I hesitate to tell you that folks like you are the reason we have thousands of CC members! Don't leave home without a carry-on filled with wonder, humor, awe, gratitude and patience. To quote a show from the mouses' house down the street........."Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the BEST time of your life!" Calm seas and sensational sunsets to all.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I hear you on the excitement! My family and I are taking our first cruise in September and I already have begun the count down :rolleyes: . May 20th is right around the corner - I'll be thinking of you and wishing you a great time. Come back and let us know all about it!

What ship are you taking? We'll be on the NOS and I can't wait!

Thanks for sharing your excitement - it's fun knowing others out there are just as enthused as I am.

Happy Sailing!

OMG you sound llike me 8 years ago, when I was 21 and in college and going on my first cruise with my bf (who is now my husband) before he went to Marine Boot Camp Parris Island!:eek: (imagine being pampered and then going into that)

however there was no CC message board :p

I had the time of my life (and we did other vacations too land and beach based)

AND the cruise is what I loved the best.....

we are going on our 4th cruise, so we are averaging about one every other year! hey college, Marines, two kids, a new house!!!!! we plan on doing more!

Enjoy it, roam the ship, soak it in and have a great time....

Graduated with my 2 BAs last Sunday, started my base tan, and began the whole overpacking extravaganza this morning!

I am sooo excited!! :D :D

I'm sure Friday is going to take forever to get here! Don't really mind the anticipation though...it's all part of the experience.

Now I'm just trying to get myself prepped for the overwhelming feeling of pulling up to the pier to see the Navigator all huge and wonderful. I'm sure that none of this will prepare me for what the real feeling will be like.

:D

First, congrats on graduating! I am waiting for my time to come-7 more weeks and I too will get my BA! Second, I am on the same cruise as you! I am filled with anticipation, can hardly wait! Only 3 more days of work until vacation!

Graduated with my 2 BAs last Sunday, started my base tan, and began the whole overpacking extravaganza this morning!

I'm sure Friday is going to take forever to get here! Don't really mind the anticipation though...it's all part of the experience.

Now I'm just trying to get myself prepped for the overwhelming feeling of pulling up to the pier to see the Navigator all huge and wonderful. I'm sure that none of this will prepare me for what the real feeling will be like.

Atta girl. I will be celebrating my masters on the celebration (bad pun). Enjoy, and let us know how it went. You'll be back before I leave, but you better represent us grads well.

the djpaul

Congratulations! Graduation is creeping closer and closer but I'm not quite there yet.

I hope you have a fabulous time on your cruise! Just wait until you see the ship for the first time. The cab driver pointed it out to us (we were looking in another direction) and it was amazing!

And yes, the boards really do help prepare you. I hardly had to become acclimated to the ship because I did so much research!

Archived