Any 'old fogies' out there doing the Zipline in Belize?

flyingb

I am a senior citizen, but would love to do the Lost World Canopy Tour in Belize. :eek: Any opinons on this? Have any other Seniors done this? My DH thinks that I'm crazy! But I don't agree. Just adventurous.sp?:D

Luv's Crusin'

:D Good for you! Go for it!!

I am not a senior citizen, but you'd never catch me up there! It looks fun, I have heard that it is a BLAST....but it's the "heights" thing for me! I start to freeze up standing on a step-stool!!! :eek:

My husband and I are 50 something and did the zipline in Hawaii. It was great!! There were a total of 8 ziplines on the excursion that we went on....some VERY high!!! I would recommend it. A great birds eye view... There is someone to help you get going and there will be someone on the other end to help get you stopped. GO FOR IT!!!;)

DW and I did this tour last January. I'm 59, she's 55. There was also a group of ladies who looked to be in their 60's. After the orientation where you are fitted with gloves, helmet, and harness there is a short uphill walk to the first zip. My only complaint was that there were only five ziplines. Just when you get the hang of it you're finished. There are two rappels, but they are easy. The guides actually just lower you down to the the next level. If you are fit enough to walk uphill for a quarter mile and meet the weight requirements, you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm 55, and I'll go. My goal in life is to crawl into an F-16 and have the pilot kick it in the @$$. That would have to be a rush. If you are in good physical shape, by all means, GO FOR IT! Life is too short to be afraid of anything.

I told my DW that I wanted to live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse.. She said that I had better hurry.:(

We had someone in our group who was 73 or 74.

Whether you're old or young, short or tall, heavy or light, the guides will help you where you need some. Other then that, you have to decide if you WANT to do it.

There are double steel cables. If they break, then it was a bad week to play the lottery too.

I am 63 and BF 67. We did the zipline the end of March and it was great. The only hard part was climbing up the hill. You need to be in good shape to climb it and we both were recovering from a chest cold and were huffing pretty good when we reached the top. It was a blast though and really worth it. I am terrified of height and was not afraid. They make you feel secure and safe all the time. Also make sure you use bug spray.

I am assuming that you must carry your "tube" down the path to get to the tubing area, after you have done the zipline,yes? And there is quite a hike uphill to where the ziplines are located? I need some help deciding to do this or do Lamani. (royal Caribbean-Enchantment of the Sea-5/8/06).Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!;)

Archived