Iced Tea.. is it American or Canadian ? lol

cheekie

You southern folk are just plain whack.:eek: :p

Sweet tea? Next you'll be telling us you put A-1 on your steak. *shakes head*

Now Liv, I might like my sweet tea, but I would NEVER ruin a good steak by putting ANY type of sauce on it! The sauce muddles the sound of the mooing :D

At least I'm honest. Sometimes I use A-1... sometimes I don't. It just depends. And no, I don't salt things without tasting first.

So is DD making the move to FL with you?

I was just funnin' you ;)

Yep..

Yes, lots of places sell fried gator tail - especially fish camps. (A fish camp used to be a real little camp that people came to camp and fish out of - now they are really just fish restaurants that fry everything)

I had some about 5 years ago. I'm almost done chewing it. It'll be another 5 years to get it out from in between my teeth. Can you say chewy???

What part of FLA you going to?

Thanks for the G2. Is it really that chewy? Bet it tastes like chicken :p

Tampa area. Have to crash a few meet and greets don'tchaknow :D

Now Liv, I might like my sweet tea, but I would NEVER ruin a good steak by putting ANY type of sauce on it! The sauce muddles the sound of the mooing :D

Kind of a gurgling sound...wouldn't you agree? :D

Liv, you can get some good gator tail in Tampa!! Actually, there is a sports bar we go to, that serves amazing grouper bites, and gator tail... it's not the best gator I've had, BUT they serve VERY cold beer and the coldest Jager I've ever had :D So it balances out!!! :p LOL!

Liv, you can get some good gator tail in Tampa!! Actually, there is a sports bar we go to, that serves amazing grouper bites, and gator tail... it's not the best gator I've had, BUT they serve VERY cold beer and the coldest Jager I've ever had :D So it balances out!!! :p LOL!

Cool :D Can't wait to get down there and have some din din at one of those outdoor places on the beach whilst (sorry Don ;)) sipping a cold one or 4 :D

LOL Steph, I was just fixin to say :p You'd be hard pressed in the south to find unsweetened tea (um, GROSS!!!!)... and it's made with sugar water, there is a process, you can't just dump sugar in there :D YUM!!!!!!

It's not just sugar water but a simple syurp that makes the best sweet tea.

Cool :D Can't wait to get down there and have some din din at one of those outdoor places on the beach whilst (sorry Don ;)) sipping a cold one or 4 :D

Liv, I'll email you this weekend... there is a GREAT little place in Clearwater, right on the water, great drinks... you guys would love it. I can't remember the name of it, but we spend a day there and had a blast!!!

Liv, I'll email you this weekend... there is a GREAT little place in Clearwater, right on the water, great drinks... you guys would love it. I can't remember the name of it, but we spend a day there and had a blast!!!

Great and thanks!! There was one place..."Freaky's" (or something) that we wanted to try but were just way too tired...(drove down and back in less than 2 1/2 days)

It's not just sugar water but a simple syurp that makes the best sweet tea.

True, simple syrup is sugar water, well... if you make it fresh, which is what you are supposed to do :D:D

Now, for those that don't know how to make sugar water... Take about 2 cups of sugar, and a cup of water (you can add a little bit of light corn syrup, but not necessary), whatever you do, it's a 2:1 ratio, so you can make whatever quantity you want.... bring to a boil, for about 2 minutes. Cool at room temperature. You can put it in a squeeze bottle and it will keep forever in the fridge. You can use it for any cocktail that calls for bar syrup, sugar syrup, sugar water, etc. You can also flavor it for coffee, with amaretto, rum, vanilla beans, etc. Add alcohols after the mixture has cooled.

You southern folk are just plain whack.:eek: :p

Sweet tea? Next you'll be telling us you put A-1 on your steak. *shakes head*

And vinegar on your french fries!!! We Canadians are just plain whack, too :rolleyes: (Maybe I should have said "Freedom Fries") :D

I'm southern and love sweet tea, I have to agree that the sweet tea on the ships aren't sweet enough. But i heard that if you mix it with the lemonade they have as well, it makes it taste a lot better. I'm gonna try it in June on the Miracle.

It must be MALT vinegar, not just any vinegar :D:D

Should be MALT, but I take what I can get here in AZ. I really miss Michigan State Fair Vinegar fries. People here say I'm nuts *shrug* Gets the fish and chip, puts the malt on the chips!:)

Good Simple Syrup recipe - Simple Syrup, Kettle One (or any vodka i guess), and 3-4 mashed strawberries. Strain into martini glass, garnish with an extra strawberry (or cherry).

And vinegar on your french fries!!! We Canadians are just plain whack, too :rolleyes: (Maybe I should have said "Freedom Fries") :D

As has already been said....malt vinegar...YUM YUM :D

As has already been said....malt vinegar...YUM YUM :D

Barbarian. The only thing that should go on Fries is gravy and cheese curds.

Well according to my relatives from La Belle Province.

That reminds me, Chris did you get any Poutine last week? :D

Barbarian. The only thing that should go on Fries is gravy and cheese curds.

Well according to my relatives from La Belle Province.

That reminds me, Chris did you get any Poutine last week? :D

Cheese curds?? blech!!!!

Poutine? Isn't that a little personal Duck??? :eek:

Cheese curds?? blech!!!!

Poutine? Isn't that a little personal Duck??? :eek:

Today poutine is available in some of Canada finest restaurants. The Ritz-Carlton constructs its poutine out of goat cheese, rendered duck skin and Yukon gold potatoes. One serving costs $24.

from http://www.cariboo.bc.ca/news/stories02Nov25/poutineK.html

Today poutine is available in some of Canada finest restaurants. The Ritz-Carlton constructs its poutine out of goat cheese, rendered duck skin and Yukon gold potatoes. One serving costs $24.

from http://www.cariboo.bc.ca/news/stories02Nov25/poutineK.html

Ya know Duck... I saw the "mystery meat" while I was there... didn't do much for me. I'm thinking the same with Poutine... just not doing much for me :D Then again, those French eat some WEIRD things... I've never seen such "mystery food" whilst in Toronto... I wish I would have gotten a picture, my friends back home wouldn't have believed it :p

Ship-board iced tea is unsweetened, and a bit weak, IMHO.

Your kidding, right? I can cut that stuff with half water and it still looks like coke!

Best recipe for making good ice tea on board:

2 cups ice

1 lipton tea bag (furnished)

1 cup hot water.

steep bag in hot water, than pour over ice!

Ya know Duck... I saw the "mystery meat" while I was there... didn't do much for me. I'm thinking the same with Poutine... just not doing much for me :D Then again, those French eat some WEIRD things... I've never seen such "mystery food" whilst in Toronto... I wish I would have gotten a picture, my friends back home wouldn't have believed it :p

You missed the Ultimate Poutine!!! unbelievablle! Until you have fries and gravy with cheese curds.. you don't know LOL

Your kidding, right? I can cut that stuff with half water and it still looks like coke!

Best recipe for making good ice tea on board:

2 cups ice

1 lipton tea bag (furnished)

1 cup hot water.

steep bag in hot water, than pour over ice!

I believe that would be a tad bit weak for me. I take it you mean one of the one cup tea bags. My mom likes her coffee like that. Have to be able to see through the coffee caraffe in order for it to be good.

Archived