Iced Tea.. is it American or Canadian ? lol

cheekie

Now, if you order tea in the south, you won't get it unsweetened, so I think "American" is kind of a misnomer. Here in the Carolinas and places south you will get VERY SWEET tea unless you order it unsweetened.

Now, if you order tea in the south, you won't get it unsweetened, so I think "American" is kind of a misnomer. Here in the Carolinas and places south you will get VERY SWEET tea unless you order it unsweetened.

Well...I can quit for the day now, I learned something new! lol

Thanks! I "assumed" it was all of the states, guess we just better test it everywhere we go ;)

In the south (well, southern United States - everything is south to you canucks!) iced tea is almost always available sweet, and it is usually very sweet. The further north you go, the less common it is to find sweet tea. Yankees expect us to use little sugar packets, like enough of that could ever be disolved in cold tea to make it proper!

Ship-board iced tea is unsweetened, and a bit weak, IMHO.

In the south (well, southern United States - everything is south to you canucks!) iced tea is almost always available sweet, and it is usually very sweet. The further north you go, the less common it is to find sweet tea. Yankees expect us to use little sugar packets, like enough of that could ever be disolved in cold tea to make it proper!

Ship-board iced tea is unsweetened, and a bit weak, IMHO.

The only true way to make sweet tea is to brew it and add the sugar while the tea is still hot. You cannot get sugar packets to dissolve correctly in tea that is already cold.

For the record, I drink it both ways, so I usually just take what ever is available.

You southern folk are just plain whack.:eek: :p

Sweet tea? Next you'll be telling us you put A-1 on your steak. *shakes head*

With all this sweeeet teaaa and unsweeeeet teaaa, you all are forgeting another important thing. On lido, out of the dispencer its FAKE tea! There are tea packets to make hot tea (add ice if you wish?). In the dining room its real tea.

You wont find places that carry sweet tea in Phoenix (that I know of) but plenty have the long Island version (very tasty)

You southern folk are just plain whack.:eek: :p

Sweet tea? Next you'll be telling us you put A-1 on your steak. *shakes head*

Only after I taste said steak first to see if I want the extra flavor as hubby is an excellent steak cooker and some of his marinades me the steaks just yummy.

Only after I taste said steak first to see if I want the extra flavor as hubby is an excellent steak cooker and some of his marinades me the steaks just yummy.

Steph...Steph...Steph.....*shakes head* ;)

Steph...Steph...Steph.....*shakes head* ;)

At least I'm honest. Sometimes I use A-1... sometimes I don't. It just depends. And no, I don't salt things without tasting first.

So is DD making the move to FL with you?

Hey B.O.B ;) Just curious. Do eateries in FL sell gator? Moving to FL this year don'tchaknow :D

Yes, lots of places sell fried gator tail - especially fish camps. (A fish camp used to be a real little camp that people came to camp and fish out of - now they are really just fish restaurants that fry everything)

I had some about 5 years ago. I'm almost done chewing it. It'll be another 5 years to get it out from in between my teeth. Can you say chewy???

What part of FLA you going to?

LOL Steph, I was just fixin to say :p You'd be hard pressed in the south to find unsweetened tea (um, GROSS!!!!)... and it's made with sugar water, there is a process, you can't just dump sugar in there :D YUM!!!!!!

Archived