Iced Tea.. is it American or Canadian ? lol

cheekie

Hey B.O.B ;) Just curious. Do eateries in FL sell gator? Moving to FL this year don'tchaknow :D

Depends...there are many places that do. Gators are no longer considered endangered and they have a harvest each year of the wild ones. Gator meat is ok...it really does taste a bit like white meat chicken, but with a very different texture...more rubbery.

It is also a bit pricey.

Mark T

The stuff I had was real chewy. I've heard others say different. Nothing I would go out of my way for.

Tampa is a nice area. Lots different than Jacksonville - we're more like south Georgia, Tampa is more like tropical Florida - lots of old folks!!!!!

Plus, here in Tampa we don't have that wonderful paint factory and paper mill smell in the air. Went to Jr. Hi in Jax in Springfield area. Remember the stench well.

Mark T

Barbarian. The only thing that should go on Fries is gravy and cheese curds.

Well according to my relatives from La Belle Province.

That reminds me, Chris did you get any Poutine last week? :D

Oh boy, do I miss my trips to Canada and getting the fries with gravy! People look at you real funny around here when you order that!:eek: Never tried it with the cheese curds though...OH, and don't forget the Fudgee-o's and the triple chocolate Coffee Crisps! Sure wish those were available south of the border!

Sweet tea in central AL - boil water, add tea bags and steep. To pitcher add sugar and (hot/warm) tea, mix, add water and mix more. Don't know about a 'sweet mix' or whatever. Don't drink it myself (makes me p*** on and on and on...).

Gator tail can be had here. Thought it was good (and spicy), but a little on the chewy side as already mentioned.

Forgot what else I was going to comment on.:p

And now I remember - cheese curds. Love 'em. and love 'em fried. Visit the dairy on curd day and you will be hooked!!

Plus, here in Tampa we don't have that wonderful paint factory and paper mill smell in the air. Went to Jr. Hi in Jax in Springfield area. Remember the stench well.

Mark T

I don't know when you were here, but the papermills are gone, and I never heard of a paint factory. The worst now is the Maxwell house plant. Smells weird - not like coffee at all.

I'm south of Jax, so we don't have anything like that - just a dairy farm up the road.

Archived