infant on cruise

magdanie

Only if it stands for "petty mean streak".....

Now Kevin...you know I luv ya but don't go all Tom Cruise on me...no man should presume to know anything about a woman and her hormones ;)

When my son was one year old we decided going on a cruise would be the perfect vacation as the food and water would be safe etc so I posted on a cruise message board asking about cruising with a baby and I was flamed-like an inferno. And I am now very grateful for the flaming. It was like a baptism by fire. We didn't go cruising then until my son was four. We had a blast and have ever since. Good luck whatever you choose.

Now Kevin...you know I luv ya but don't go all Tom Cruise on me...no man should presume to know anything about a woman and her hormones ;)
Hmmmmmmm..... :)

Now I think PMS stands for "pack my sh--"..... :eek:

Yes I GET IT! You obviously don't. I'm telling you that these people are mostly new cruisers and probably new parents. You don't have to be hateful to get your point across. And yes, I'm well aware that most, if not all cruise lines allow kids. My point was that the more expensive lines/ships are less likely to have lots of families.

Hope,

I wasn't hateful getting my point across. You insist that swim diapers don't leak. Yes they do - take it from a "new" parent.

You can quote the CDC to your hearts content and yes, I believe what they/you are trying to say. All I'm saying is that most young parents have not had that experience. I certainly haven't and I use those diapers all the time, under a bathing suit. I never said it wasn't true just that it would cause some confusion for those people who have had no problems with them.

I have used them also! Now that my daughter is potty trained it's not an issue. If you use swim diapers, do you realize that they let the water in (and urine out)? What do you think comes on contact with the water in case of a BM? It doesn't have to leak out to be exposed to the water.

I agree with another poster who said this was no fun and a bad place (paraphrase). There are many nice people over on the family boards but right here it is a nightmare. People are so hateful. Why bother to teach my kid manners and honor and decency... if this is what the world is coming too there is no point.

BTW-

I post on the family boards also. Sharecruisers is dead on about parents trying to figure out a way around the rules. People here are not hateful, just experienced with the question.

PMS is not an excuse - neither is being an old Mom at 35. I had my daughter at 41! I must be ready for the geriatric facility.....

I'll try and rephrase my earlier comment:

Just because someone is a new parent/new cruiser/new whatever is no reason to give them a free ride. I saw very little full on hostility, just lots and lots of exasperated people trying to get it through to others that swim diapers= bad in cruise ship pools. The point of these boards is to give the newbies a taste and an idea of what's in store for them. Responsible adults will do their research before embarking on any new course of action.

Arguing that he/she doesn't know any better is a cop out. there are people telling you the truth of the matter and the reasoning behind CDC regs. The point here and elsewhere in the interweb is to get the word out.. whether its about nappies in non super chlorinated pools or smuggling irons or burning candles.

As one who be taking my first cruise in 43 days.. I sought out the expertise, advice and guidance of those who have gone before me. learned a bunch of stuff about what's expected/de rigeur on a cruise that I NEVER would have dreamed of on my own( No clocks in the cabins?!:eek: ). I give the OP credit for that at least.. asking ahead of time instead of just showing up the pier and being totally overwhelmed and completely under the worng impression on what it's like to cruise with an infant. They got a multitude of responses, some of which were .."don't do it period", some were.. "do whatever your little heart desires no matter who it inconveniences" and the rest were somewhere in the middle.. both pro and con

I wanted to take my cat along, and he wanted to go. Carnival wouldn't allow it. :( :D

Sweetie, by all means, bring the cat! Simply strap a litter box to his @$$ and let him frolic away in the pool.

P.S. I'd like to take my kitties along, too. They'd love the lobster...

Lisa

Sweetie, by all means, bring the cat! Simply strap a litter box to his @$$ and let him frolic away in the pool.

P.S. I'd like to take my kitties along, too. They'd love the lobster...

Lisa

Oh, he's not that fond of the water, and I don't think others would appreciate cat litter in the pool. But I know he'd love the nice, soft beds and the unlimited supply of seafood!

I just couldn't resist! You have already decided to take your infant on the cruise. I wish you well, however these are some issues that you will face. Moving around the ship can be downright dangerous even for adults. The walls between cabins are very thin and you will hear loud noises at all hours of the night which of course will be a problem for your child's rest. In the pool areas the noise from the music and fellow passengers will be very loud. On shore excursions be aware that most do not have accomodations for the little ones. Dining times can last for 2 hours so be prepared. Any usage of the pools will result in arguements with other passengers and staff. Understand that this is not Disney so don't expect the same kind of atmosphere. Your stroller will not have the right of way. The ships doctor is not equiped to handle the varying needs of an infant and sea sickness is far tougher. Life jacket drill will be interesting. I recommend a suite which gives more room and a bathtub. Good luck and happy cruising!

Tim

just say it is a service animal, when asked what it does, say "helps with my depressions" most ships even have a special place they can use for the bathroom

Now there's an idea! :) Hey, MeToo, want to go on a cruise with Mama?

Hey MagDanie,

I didn't see how old your little one will be when you take your cruise.

We sailed in November (on RCCL Mariner)with our 11 month old son and will be sailing again with him (now 16 1/2 months)this coming Sunday (on NCL Spirit).

I am clueless about getting to the family boards, but if you want, please fel free to contact me directly at

Bambisim@aol.com

We had a great time and maybe I can give you some suggestions and

ease your heartburn after reading all of this sutff!! LOL

Linda

Hey MagDanie,

I didn't see how old your little one will be when you take your cruise.

We sailed in November (on RCCL Mariner)with our 11 month old son and will be sailing again with him (now 16 1/2 months)this coming Sunday (on NCL Spirit).

I am clueless about getting to the family boards, but if you want, please fel free to contact me directly at

Bambisim@aol.com

We had a great time and maybe I can give you some suggestions and

ease your heartburn after reading all of this sutff!! LOL

Linda

Go to the bottom of the page, click on forum jump, and go to the Family cruising or something like that... you can also get there by going to the main Cruise Critic message board page... up top. That is where you will find ALL the great forums we have here.

Archived