Which way to sleep

gileyman

What recommendations do you have on which way to sleep? Head toward the bow, stern, port or starboard?

I never thought about that:confused: Maybe after drinking too many beers :p I should thank my lucky stars that I make it to bed, and not passed out in the hallway:D

I'm so excited to finally get on a cruise ship I will sleep on the floor!!!

don't do it. Floor isn't all that comfortable. You'll be sore and bruised the next day, and then grumpy and it'll just ruin the whole deal.

don't do it. Floor isn't all that comfortable. You'll be sore and bruised the next day, and then grumpy and it'll just ruin the whole deal.

You make an excellent point! I will stick to my bed or the bed of any young single male passengers....:p

Here's a hint for people in quad cabins. If there is a bed under the window (or fake window for an inside) and part of it is under a bunk and part is not, sleep with your feet on the end under the bunk. If you don't, you might hit your head if you sit up in bed. (My DH has done it many times!)

I prefer to sleep with my head towards the water.

Really, I don't care. When I went I was in the sofa-bed so I was perpendicular to the ship. No idea if I was head to starboard or port though.

~Katy

I always sleep with my head towards the stern and my wife sleeps with her's towards the bow.:D

That was too much information....:)

We have got to get an all Chihuahua Owners Cruise together!!

Annabelle said to tell yours hello...

I prefer to sleep with my head towards the water.

Really, I don't care. When I went I was in the sofa-bed so I was perpendicular to the ship. No idea if I was head to starboard or port though.

~Katy

Katy,

So, you sleep standing on your head? :confused: :eek: :)

That was too much information....:)

We have got to get an all Chihuahua Owners Cruise together!!

Annabelle said to tell yours hello...

I'll join you and bring along Daisy Mae :)

I'm not sure about all ships but the Destiny/Triumph/Conquest classes change the layout of the cabins with the beds left to right, every other cabin. So, in one cabin, the bed faces forward, the cabins on either side face aft.

When I was in the Marines, we were stationed on an aircraft carrier and we found that if we slept with our heads facing forward, we slept better. I have no idea why, but we did.

Archived