Passport/Excursions Question

lonestars

Hello all,

Leaving on RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas on Sunday... our ports will be Key West, Georgetown, and Cozumel. I have two quick questions about the ports we will visit.

1. Will we need to bring our passports with us, or can we leave them in our room safe?

2. Will we have to pass through metal detectors going into these ports and/or getting back onto the ship? The reason I ask is that I have a defibrillator implanted and need to know if I will need to bring my documentation (can't go through metal detectors).

Thanks!

Andrea :confused:

I don't recal ever having to go through any metal detectors. There are X-ray screeners that take your bags, but I can't think of any time I walked through a metal detector. We usually leave our passports in the safe, but take a copy on shore with us.....just in case.

Mrsfuzzmo

Thank you for your replies. I actually have a medical ID card that specifies the make/model of my defib that I always have to show at the airport before the oh-so-enjoyable (that was sarcasm) full-body patdown. :rolleyes: Yet another hassle of travel that we can avoid by cruising from our home port!

Thanks again for the tips.

Andrea :)

Archived