Norwegian Sun Reviews

mrchris11731

So have I. Even most of the bad ones seemed to have quite a lot to say that was good.

Having a flow of reviews about the Sun seems to me to be better than having none at all, which was usually the situation before the recent flow of reviews.

HI we are going on the Sun to Alaska late August Lately the reviews of the Sun ve been awful. Is this a coincidence or maybe just a bad crew. seems like many unhappy reviews in the last few weeks. thanks
I think the reviews have been pretty darned positive! Go with an open mind. We sailed on the Sun in 2004 and chose her for our Alaska cruise this May. That should say something. She's an elegant ship, and we can hardly wait to get on her again!

I've read both postive and negative reviews.

About Every cruise line and ship!!!!!

My husband and son are boarding her as we speak, so very soon I will be able to know the truth!!!:p :D

Just remember this: you can't take reviews too seriously - EVERYONE has an opinion. If you did research right here on these boards, you'd find it hard to believe that some folks were on the same cruise - opinions can be so extreme.

Go with an open mind.

By the way, I've been on the Sun once, and am booked 2 more times. LOVED IT!!!

My wife and I will be posting reviews very shortly some positive and some negative. Just depends on what you expect.

Look Shortly for both.

PS book the specialty restaurants if you want any good food. It was good in those, but no where else. Unless you are a buffet buster!:eek:

We did 6 nights in the specialty restaurants and 1 night in 7 seas (ugh).

More to follow!

Review has been uploaded and is pending. Very disappointed with ship, food, attitude. Make sure to eat in the alternative restaurants if you want good food and service. Free Style seems have become "Pay as you go" if you want to be treated well :( The whole idea of the staff not having to perform but still getting automatic tips seems to reward mediocre performance..... The ship appeared very understaffed as well. We have cruised 30+ times and this will be our last on NCL.

DW, DS and I returned from the Sun today. We were very happy with the ship. The staff we encountered was friendly and helpful; one of the high points of our cruise. The only failing was the adequate (not poor, but not excellent) food in the main dining rooms. The specialty restuarant food was good to excellent.

I must admit I am surprised at a couple of Sun reviews that I have read lately.

We were on her at the beginning of Feb this year and had a very good cruise. We had no significant service problems (our cabin steward, in particular, was fantastic). I have been on the Sun twice and found the crew to be one of the best of any of the cruiseships I have been on. As for the food, I noticed a slight decline since out first cruise on the Sun in 2004 but not enough to seriously impact my enjoyment. (I did miss the frozen soups though - used to have one every night but now they seem to be only doing a them occasionally).

Well I got a call from my DH, who is on the ship right now.. He sounded excited... Ship is very nice and not overcrowded, lunch buffet was good. Pools are nice size. He liked what he's seen so far. We'll see how it goes.

So far he sailed on Celebrity, HAL, RCCL and Carnival , so he has other ships/companies to compare.:)

DW, DD and myself have just returned from the Sun today and would like to add comment to this thread. This was our first cruise which was a back to back, Eastern & Western Caribbean. We found the ship to be spotlessly clean and well presented. Also, all staff we had any dealings with where very attentive and efficient. Special praise had to go to the kids club staff who were all excellent.

As for the food, we found it adequate although the menus are repeated weekly. One night in particular was poor (Caribbean night, Tuesday I think), we gave the main restaurants a miss on the second week and ate at pacific heights, which is good although has a limited menu. Remember this was our first cruise and therefore have no other trips to compare with.

Only problems we did experience were with shore excursions and on the second week the ship was overrun with teenagers with attitude (spring break!).

I personally would recommend this ship to anyone

I just love the Sun, and its' crew. That's why I've cruised on her 3 times. I also loved the Spirit, the Sky, now the POA, sucked, but have done the old Westerdam 3 times as well, and loved each of those HAL cruises as well. Although it's always personal opinion, until you've experienced a ship personally, you shouldn't make any decision based on another's review. If the time and itinerary fits, do it!;)

Hi We also just returned from the Sun and we had a great time. Yes the food in the main dining rooms ranged from the occasional good to just all right. The food in Le Bistro was excellent. Il Adagio was not as good. So overall the food was OK, not as good as Celebrity or Holland America. However the ship was clean, small enough that you could get from one end to another in 6 minutes ( I timed it going from the show lounge to the kids area), the staff was the nicest and friendliest of any cruise I have been on. The music especially the poolside band - Roots- was great as was the comedian and the jugglers. The shows were also good. All in all I would not worry, you will have a wonderful time onboard the Sun.

I was on the Sun 4/1 - 4/8. You will have a great time. I agree with most of the part about the food being OK to good. My 12 yo loved the kids program. The ship was clean and beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly. I had my little things that I liked better about other cruises but there were equally as many things I liked better about Freestyle cruising on the Sun. Have a Great Vacation!

Archived